PDA

View Full Version : explosions in london

Mike.
07-07-05, 11:02 AM
theres been explosions in london, there believed to be terrists, that have targeted the underground and the bus network

dunova
07-07-05, 11:15 AM
Yeah i just heard about that, pretty fecked up. Abit worrying really, i was on the underground this time last week :o

Fecking hate terrorist pricks. If only we knew who were going to grow up to be terrorists-they could be shot at birth.

Jim
07-07-05, 11:18 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659093.stm

Jim

-tucny-
07-07-05, 12:55 PM
i cant see the point in terrorism, it really is pointless and it never gets them anywhere.

i reckon its all that inbreading they do that gives them all seveare mental problems. - i cant really put it in words how f**ked up i think they are but one day theyll take over the world.

Marc
07-07-05, 01:59 PM
its shit they dont understand what they are doing and how fucked up they are and people they hurt in the process like dunova said all terroist need to be shot, twice, once to show them the pain of what they are doing then second to kill them!

Philsutton
07-07-05, 02:10 PM
its a bit sad really, i mean the only target they can get are unarmed civilians. If we went an bombed random people in the middle east there would be unroar. But thats just the what these pussies are all about, and all about religion the route of all problems.

-tucny-
07-07-05, 03:10 PM
there are reports it was al-quaida, and their excuse was its revenge for all the people we killed in iraq and afganistan. saddam hussain killed more than us but they never bombed him did they?

like phil says religion, the route of all problems. they all stick together n dont practice what they preach. there minds are too simple to work life out for theirselves so they need to turn to a book to guide them, a book written soooo long ago when people were even more simple and uneducated and theres not a slightest bit of proof to back up whats in it. a book full of stories about things that cant physically happen but they belive them - until someone claims a god told them to do something then nobody belives them.

All sounds a bit crazy to me.

in short the worlds life is in the hands of books full of old wives tales!

nam
07-07-05, 04:00 PM
There all nob heads. whats the point? anyone could course just as much damage to a city so why do it?

R.I.P to the people who lost there life's

Nam

pickle
07-07-05, 04:01 PM
i first heard about it at 1130 in annan, i thought it may be the french pisst off that we have the olympics.

Marc
07-07-05, 04:07 PM
i first heard about it at 1130 in annan, i thought it may be the french p**s off that we have the olympics.

thats what i thought at first when i heard it.

-tucny- totally agree with you mate about it all, i mean we are in a place where we can think for our selfs and dont rely on a book to tell us how to live our lives!

another thing that annoys me is that we hav so much stuff made to do anything but yet we cant find the al-quaida and sentainece them for all the evil things they have done!

broony
07-07-05, 05:00 PM
When I first heard about it, the BBC news website were saying that the explosions were due to a power surge!

I kinda knew that it would be some brainwashed, religion crazed terrorists behind it though. :?

Mike.
07-07-05, 05:02 PM
When I first heard about it, the BBC news website were saying that the explosions were due to a power surge!

I kinda knew that it would be some brainwashed, religion crazed terrorists behind it though. :?

no at first they thought it was a power surge.

more than 33 dead

Nick
07-07-05, 05:37 PM
My dad lives in london, thankfully he's absolutly fine !

The death toll will no-doubt rocket due to finding bodies, collecting all the info, people dying in hospital.

it really is a cowards way of sorting out problems. mr.blair and his G8 chums did look pretty naffed off so there maybe another dose of action soon

novaco
07-07-05, 05:43 PM
yea they thought it was power surges this mornin but then relised that if it was how would the busses have been effected. i also thought the french lol even though they wud be 12 years earli!

just spoke to my dad and he just missed the busses go up had just past them on the street sik minded b@stard terrorists i meen whats the point in killing inocent ppl if they wanted to kill sum1 y not george bush or sum1!!!

broony
07-07-05, 05:45 PM
Yeah I agree that action will probably be taken and quite rightly so.

The only thing though, is that its always the innocent people who usually have no bias towards either cause that suffer.

novaco
07-07-05, 05:50 PM
seeing things like this just makes me want to join the army even more so tht i can go other there and blow them b@stards up.

Nick
07-07-05, 06:05 PM
i think that's completly the wrong attitude to have when thinking about joining the army.

jon_boy
07-07-05, 06:08 PM
I agree with the above, that is the wrong attitude, the army is to serve, protect and help not revenge. Although i would like to see the people responsible caught, not killed as this would make them martyrs, just held and humiliated. My g friend lives in london and goes to college just don the road from kings x. Fortuanately she was not hurt although some friends of hers were albeit not badly. Unfortuanately the people responsible will probably never be caught.

Jack
07-07-05, 06:42 PM
Unfortunately this is the way middle eastern and guerilla factions tend to wage war. Whilst they can't face to the military strength of fully "developed" nations such as Britain, the US, France, Russia, etc they therefore pick 'soft' targets (i.e. civilians) to create maximum impact from minimal militaristic effort. Also by operating in the civilian climate they can avoid direct military confrontation as they know the public will resist having tighter security programmes, and soldiers stationed on every street corner.

In this sense it also becomes a media war - the public can accept the deaths of soldiers in battle to a certain extent, but when unarmed and innocent civilians get caught up in the fighting, especially when in the assumed safety of their own country, it becomes far more about "terror". This is the aim of their actions - not to kill as many of us as they can, but to attempt to subvert the public into thinking how atrocious these attacks are, to inject fear into society, and make the people think it is the government's fault because they refuse to stop targetting terrorists.

You'll also note how the Iraqis and Afghanis made big fusses over bombings of supposedly civilian targets in thier countries at the hands of Allied forces, thus giving them "reason of revenge" on these types of retaliation attacks.

This may sound harsh, but.... its easy to call them simple-minded, stupid and uneducated attackers who have no brains but attack civilians and, on the surface, "easy" targets. Yet look at the impact they're making with each attack. I call them shrewd, organised and uncallous, far from simple mided fools.

epo
07-07-05, 07:43 PM
has anyone heard if denny and dan are ok? just texted denny but i know theres problems with the phones ect

Philsutton
07-07-05, 08:50 PM
There is no need to attack innocent people no matter what the cause, i mean what have they achived by doing this? And what are they fighting for? as im not aware of the what they what at the end of this and the purpose.
And to say that their religion promotes it is a lie, in no religion does it say you must kill people in order a worth while after life. Its all brain washing where people dont check up on the facts that someone has told them, people are allowed their own beliefs but when they use that as an excuse its just not on at all.
How can you say that people that do this sort of thing shouldnt hand up their lifes as punishment? If you take someoes life for no reason you should give up yours, what right do they have to live out their lives while innocent people had no choice, plus it sickens me to think that they probably would have been on benefits in this country and if caught i shall have to pay for them to be feed an keep alive.

Dod
07-07-05, 08:58 PM
Its a sick world. Its one thing when its a foreign country, but when its your own front door you really get the full picture. I've lost friends due to the troubles over here and there never seems to be any sence in it.

Hope you and yours are all ok.

David.

novaco
07-07-05, 09:16 PM
i no that is probably the wrong reasons for joing up but i just feel as if they do this to people like the 9/11 bombing and the one in madrid and now this and nothing happenes to them becoz they r never caught. i meen how long now hav the uk and usa had troops in iraq and middle eastern countries and stil what have we got to prove? we have caught saddam housain but stil this musnt be enough as if it was the bombings would have stopped but they are stil attaking and what we are doing at present obviously isnt enough so instead of country leaders having nice little tea parties disscussing which country wil hold the olympics why dont they have one disscussing how they are going to get rid of these cruel people.

if only people like tony blair and george bush had novas then mayb we could get our point across!!

Nick
07-07-05, 09:22 PM
Unfortunately this is the way middle eastern and guerilla factions tend to wage war. Whilst they can't face to the military strength of fully "developed" nations such as Britain, the US, France, Russia, etc they therefore pick 'soft' targets (i.e. civilians) to create maximum impact from minimal militaristic effort. Also by operating in the civilian climate they can avoid direct military confrontation as they know the public will resist having tighter security programmes, and soldiers stationed on every street corner.

In this sense it also becomes a media war - the public can accept the deaths of soldiers in battle to a certain extent, but when unarmed and innocent civilians get caught up in the fighting, especially when in the assumed safety of their own country, it becomes far more about "terror". This is the aim of their actions - not to kill as many of us as they can, but to attempt to subvert the public into thinking how atrocious these attacks are, to inject fear into society, and make the people think it is the government's fault because they refuse to stop targetting terrorists.

You'll also note how the Iraqis and Afghanis made big fusses over bombings of supposedly civilian targets in thier countries at the hands of Allied forces, thus giving them "reason of revenge" on these types of retaliation attacks.

This may sound harsh, but.... its easy to call them simple-minded, stupid and uneducated attackers who have no brains but attack civilians and, on the surface, "easy" targets. Yet look at the impact they're making with each attack. I call them shrewd, organised and uncallous, far from simple mided fools.

i agree completly with this. In one way, it'd be better for the media to dumb it down and not create so-much hype about it.

To the Terrorists it's not really about killing tons of people, because they havn't here. It's more about making a point. And the media are helping to make it.

If you look there are 10pm "london blast" specials, it's on every news channel every couple of hours, radio, sky e.t.c

I know you have to keep people informed and educated, and help relatives find out about casualties e.t.c - but it's just conveying the initial intention of the attack even more and more. Everyone can see the full extent of the disrupt, and this is exactly what the plan was.

I thought tony blairs response was spot on, it was relitvly un-emotional and not confrontational and not full of anger and revenge - it would have made thier day to see him go off on one at them, however i fear mr.bush's response will be more orientated around "were going to find you an kill your, because you've made me angry" exactly what they want to hear.

Nick
07-07-05, 09:28 PM
i no that is probably the wrong reasons for joing up but i just feel as if they do this to people like the 9/11 bombing and the one in madrid and now this and nothing happenes to them becoz they r never caught. i meen how long now hav the uk and usa had troops in iraq and middle eastern countries and stil what have we got to prove? we have caught saddam housain but stil this musnt be enough as if it was the bombings would have stopped but they are stil attaking and what we are doing at present obviously isnt enough so instead of country leaders having nice little tea parties disscussing which country wil hold the olympics why dont they have one disscussing how they are going to get rid of these cruel people.

1 - saddam hussain is pretty unrelated to al queida (or however you spell it) if not completly unrelated. He's not a Terrorist, he was a fascist dictator.

2 - They are not holding a tea party about the olympics. They are holding a "tea party" about sorting out world poverty, pollution, and other global issues.

3 - It's hard to catch them, beacuse they usually either blow them selves up in the process lol, claim there from organisation like "al queida's european anti london bombing campaign organisation of terrorism" let's all go out and look for the AQEALBCOT , and you can't just go roaming around middle eastern countries detaining people at your discresion

Philsutton
07-07-05, 09:28 PM
however i fear mr.bush's response will be more orientated around "were going to find you an kill your, because you've made me angry" exactly what they want to hear.
very true but i think it would have many more spelling mistakes and mis-pronunciations in true bush style. How someone as stupid as him can become of them most powerful people in the world really worries me.

novaco
07-07-05, 09:31 PM
2 - They are not holding a tea party about the olympics. They are holding a "tea party" about sorting out world poverty, pollution, and other global issues.

i was nearly right

Nick
07-07-05, 09:34 PM
lol let's just all watch the olympics, because it'l make global warming go away :-)

Philsutton
07-07-05, 09:37 PM
i couldnt give a toss about global warming, i think the smelling hippies should get a job instead lying in the middle of roads for weeks without a wash

Nick
07-07-05, 09:40 PM
lol, lying down in a road, definetly not the most clever of idea's

Philsutton
07-07-05, 09:42 PM
hippies arent normally the sharpest tool in the box

Nick
07-07-05, 09:49 PM
usually a banana short of a bunch too !

nam
07-07-05, 10:20 PM

i agree completly with this. In one way, it'd be better for the media to dumb it down and not create so-much hype about it.

To the Terrorists it's not really about killing tons of people, because they havn't here. It's more about making a point. And the media are helping to make it.

If you look there are 10pm "london blast" specials, it's on every news channel every couple of hours, radio, sky e.t.c

I know you have to keep people informed and educated, and help relatives find out about casualties e.t.c - but it's just conveying the initial intention of the attack even more and more. Everyone can see the full extent of the disrupt, and this is exactly what the plan was.

I thought tony blairs response was spot on, it was relitvly un-emotional and not confrontational and not full of anger and revenge - it would have made thier day to see him go off on one at them, however i fear mr.bush's response will be more orientated around "were going to find you an kill your, because you've made me angry" exactly what they want to hear.

Thats What i Thought as well, you two have hit the nail on the head. the media have given them what they wanted :roll:

Nam

ade
07-07-05, 11:35 PM
my wife works for Diageo - they own Gleneagles - she works just outside Stirling and her work is currently under seige by "protestors" - theyve smashed up everything around the place she works - no respect for anything...every day I call her to check she's got to work okay.

:(

As for the terrorist attack today - its sickening - death toll now up to 70 with 700+ injured...

All I can say is - its very sad but I'm amazed they didnt attach the live8 concerts. Imagine the devistation (and the media impact) if theyd detonated their bombs then! There were thousands of people all closely packed together.

terrorism doesnt resolve anything - it may have an effect for a short period but within months everything returns to "normal" and peoples resolve gets stronger and more defiant.

If you took away the wars these people say theyre using terrorism as an excuse for they'd fins something else to use it against. Its a way of life for some - sad but they no nthing else (eg kids bought up in far east in the belief that they will become suicide bombers when older) - how do you defeat something like that!

you cant. no matter what Bush says...

:|

Stuart
08-07-05, 08:11 AM
to be fair it dosent appear to have been that "well planned" because a) they blew stuff up at 10am (ish)... erm lads rushour is about 2 hours earlier b) they really didnt manage to kill that many people with 4 bombs. In all fairness it sounds like a few people with an idea had a stab at terrorism and while they did disrupt london for a few days they havent done anything ground breaking for their cause lol

me GF's step dad suggested that some of the underworld from the east end should go an burn down a large mosque... sort of like the threat use in the itallian job when charlies croaker was about to be muller by the mafia and he said taht all itallians in uk would be driven into the sea ;) now i know most muslems will claim its not them etc but they never ever properly condem the bad seeds, and they know full well who the bad ones are!

sickrabbit
08-07-05, 08:57 AM
Razor - I agree with you mate - the terrorist factions are not fools - nor are they cowards, but religious fanatics hell bent on extreme world wide condemnation for the way we live and conduct our daily lives in the name of belief. The world has reacted in the most positive way the factions desired - total media coverage. Fear is a fantastic weapon .The most scarey part of the whole issue here in its coldest reality , is that IF the bus bomb was a suicide bomber. IF that developes to be true then we are seriously in dire trouble . There is no possible way on earth , that this form of terrorism can be stopped . We have so many different nationalities in Blighty , are we to be suspicious of everyone ?.It goes without saying , due to this extreme act we all will be cautious and observant when visiting places of monumental sizes .Who knows where they will strike next...powerplants , hospitals , schools ?? I htink they will stop at nothing to gain media coverage and total paranioa .To think of these terrible possibities makes me very fearful indeed. And angry . Also to realise that these people walk amongst us, makes my blood run cold . It is a sad fact of life , religion has caused more conflict than it has ever stopped , and even more so that history repeats itself....this is by far from over. In stating that , and from the evidence that is all too clear to see I think it is pertinent that there is some form of general awareness broadcast in this country, how to go about our daily lifes but to be observant .We dont need to in each others pockets ,but somebody knows these people Some thing must have caused a degree of suspicion of certain peoples movements or acts.. . The government has always said - its not where , but when - that is now part of this countries history. Sadly that is the bear truth , but to follow , its is now when and where next. We live in a relativley small country , which I dearly love , but due to its ever growing and compacting population , I really fear that the next event will be of mass carnage - I do hope I am wrong. The message is very loud and clear as of yesterday we have main land war in this country. We must be alert. I never ever , imagined I,d be tying out this sort thread ..

To end this , my heart goes out to the families and all victims of yesterdays violent acts , and to the emergencey services , who had to deal with the aftermath. I feel very humble .
I hope in these sad , frightened and very angry times , that we ALL as Englishmen , regardlous of creed and colour and religious beliefs can show true grit , compassion and the old Bulldog spirit which has held us together thru many a conflict and see us thru into a more positve peaceful time . Take care people.

Jack
08-07-05, 01:10 PM
me GF's step dad suggested that some of the underworld from the east end should go an burn down a large mosque...
lmfao send a load of east end boys over to Iraq, they'd probably do a better job than the armed forces there :lol:

I agree with Nick on Tony Blair's statement, as usual he kept to a very unemotional response and not giving the terrorists the rise they'd love to get out of him. And yes, no doubt Mr Bush will go home, saddle up and start swinging his six shooter around again like daddy used to lol :roll:

I'm also slightly inclined to disagree with Stuart on the planning of the attack; IMO it was a well prepared attack, I don't think they intended to kill in the middle of rush hour. Although it would have greater impact, I think they timed to just after rush hour so it implies a form of 'look what we're capable of' without creating a mass carnage. They're poking the sleeping bear, not shoving a red hot poker up his ass.

In my view, we are a secondary target to them, the US being the primary. Its (primarily) the US soldiers who abuse the POWs; Its the US who directly and publicly target terrorism (and shout about it); its the US who directly interdict in Middle Eastern policies; and its the US who have the biggest interest in oil. We're just the geeky kid who hides behind the bully's back. Reminds me of the end of WW2, german soldiers fled westwards and surrendered to Allied troops as they knew they would be better treated than if they were captured by advancing Russian troops in the east.

Wonder what would have happened if Al Gore had got in... :wink:

Matt2107
08-07-05, 01:15 PM
The chances are that any terrorist involved have been stationed in this country for a while. I doubt very much that they've come over here recently to do the job in hand.

Therefore if we have tougher immigration laws then it would be harder for any terrorist attacks.

And no I'm not a racist and no I'm not blaming it on Immigrants I'm just saying that a tighter systems might save lives.

markiemark
08-07-05, 08:46 PM
hold on just a second. some of you are going on about how this was the best they can do - attack civilians...normal everyday people not the government or anything. But have u stoped to think what bush and blairs army have done ?? for sure - many civilians have been kiled in iraq to.so its no surise they attatck normal everyday ppl. if blair was such an asss likin tosser (to bush) i think this wouldnt have happend.

Fore example - which countrys have been attacked. Spain America England.

Who were the main 3 countires supporting this 'war' in iraq/afghanistan etc - Spain America England.

there all as bad as each other.
my heart goes out to all the people affected in london. dont get me wrong...i am as devastated as everyone else... and feel for all thos affected but i just think blair and bush are NOT helping. im no expert on all this stuff i know this - but i just thaught u should look a this from a different angle also.

epo
08-07-05, 09:11 PM
got a text off denny and he's ok :+:

boredbloke
08-07-05, 11:38 PM
My god some of the comments made in the thread are such shite!

Sorry but it's true I know this is spos to be a place to express opinions same as i am now but if it's not worth saying then don't bother writing it.

I don't think blair n bush have much to do with this, i just believe that there are just a fair amount of sick people around that seem to keep a kick out of this, if this was aimed at blair and bush wouldn't something have happened nearer the G8 summit? it's not like the meeting was a private thing or anything...?

Just for the record I work over the road from liverpool street which if any of you know is also a stones throw from moorgate and a 2min walk from aldgate,

I'm just pleased that nobody i knew was in any way involved with the tube accidents seeing as 90% of my work friends roll in at 5 past 9 from liverpool street tube station and moorgate

Jack
09-07-05, 03:49 PM
attack civilians...normal everyday people not the government or anything. But have u stoped to think what bush and blairs army have done ??
Chalk up another one to believing what the terrorists want you to believe :roll: