PDA

View Full Version : My GTE

-Bruce-
07-07-05, 10:54 AM
I have not been on the net much as have been busy with the car. Anyway its nearly done. I need to set the castor angle properly and the brakes need perfected (could be needing pressure bleed).

Anyway i got the engine mapped at dastek a place in scottland. Well they pissed about for abit in the morning then started the mapping in afternoon. So at the end they ran out of time and i ran out of money lol. They said the light throttle and low revs is not mapped and we could either sort that ourselfs or get it mapped again. Did not have the cash to gett more mapping. So we stuck a bit of a old grp n 2.0 in place as the dastek map low down was utter pish!! And as there is no load down there it wont cause much damage to the engine as 3k to 7 is mapped perfectly.

Engine:

Fully rebuild 1600 8v, 300 degree piper cam, std inlet manifold, 20xe injectors, Modded TB, ported and polished head with 3 angle seats, Arp bolts, 4 branch manifold, Corsa coil pacc, Xe oil cooler. And some other stuff i think but i cant mind!!

It got 146.1 bhp and 113.2 (Ft.Lb)!! Im happy with this. The car is very revy and the power only realy comes in at 4.5 up, this is abit annoying but when going through the box it goes like stink!!

As i said the full fuel map is not perfect but I have not got the money to get more mapping done. If i look back i should have got the mapping done for a fixed price somewhere else. But Dastek are very close to my home and work so i gave them my business. And i cant grumble about the power!!

Im cleaning the car up today, so i will hopefully get some pics of it today or tonight for you all to see. Not much different to a std GTE TBH! lol

Bruce

Marc
07-07-05, 10:58 AM
sounds good mate get some engine bay pictures as well :D

ANDYRACER
07-07-05, 03:21 PM
I knew u were doing something special with ur Gte but didnt know u were putting throttle bodies on it. Is urs the first 1.6 8 valve to have throttle bodies on? And get them pics up. :wink:

elsey197
07-07-05, 03:38 PM
Sound like good power made there fella,

Andy i dont think he has throtle bodies, just a modded throtle body. Also there is a white gsi in the gsi section with throttle bodies on an 8v

nam
07-07-05, 03:56 PM
Sound like good power made there fella,

Andy i dont think he has throtle bodies, just a modded throtle body. Also there is a white gsi in the gsi section with throttle bodies on an 8v

yea your right paul he's not got tb's just a modded tb. sounds great bruce, last time i spoke to you it was just getting stripped. cant wat to see these piccies as your car is one of the best examples of a GTE i've ever seen :+:

Nam

ANDYRACER
07-07-05, 03:57 PM
Ahh right. Nice one Elsey for clearing that up. Ive also seen the modified throttle body trick on some other gsi and gtes. Still quality though mate.

Riggy
07-07-05, 05:47 PM
nice one brucey baby you seemed pleased when you text us the other day matey

have to sort a day out somewhere soon :lol:

Matt Nova
07-07-05, 05:48 PM
nice one decent power there mate

srs1
07-07-05, 06:00 PM
not texting me now bruce hey!

sounds like you have finally pulled it together fella.
hope you are now pleased and you can ditch that pimp my mobile.

-Bruce-
07-07-05, 06:23 PM
Cheers guys!! Im chuffed with it, and yes as elsey says its single throttle body!! Group N nova engine.

And sean I will text you later. And riggy we will need to arrange a meet of some sort soon. P.S get the cavi engine in that nova!! :P

Bruce

krobinson
07-07-05, 07:56 PM
Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith ;)

-Bruce-
08-07-05, 11:26 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/broos3/nova1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/broos3/nova2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/broos3/nova3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/broos3/nova4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/broos3/nova5.jpg

enjoy

Bruce

Dar
08-07-05, 11:33 AM
Nice one Bruce 8)
Its looking spot on mate. Top job :+:

broony
08-07-05, 12:31 PM
Beautiful example! :)

Adam Moran
08-07-05, 01:07 PM
Love it mate ;)

You gotta bring it to the ring in September :lol:

Ad

Jim
08-07-05, 01:31 PM
Awesome stuff Bruce, I had no idea you were going down this route. I think it's the first time I've seen your car too, very nice and in the best colour ;)

Look forward to meeting you on the strip ;)

Jim

Riggy
08-07-05, 01:32 PM
bruce it looks stunning mate :lol:

the paint in the engine bay turned out good didnt it :wink:

-Bruce-
08-07-05, 02:06 PM
Look forward to meeting you on the strip ;)

Jim

LOL i think i could get beaten there lol!! I need a LSD big time!!

Bruce

-Bruce-
08-07-05, 02:07 PM
bruce it looks stunning mate :lol:

the paint in the engine bay turned out good didnt it :wink:

Cheers riggy.

The paint is good but not great like the rest of the car!!

Bruce

STE Novavanman
08-07-05, 06:54 PM
Nice thats lovely is that

Chris
12-07-05, 03:43 PM
agreed, stunning Brucey, look forward to seeing it on a track :wink:

ANDYRACER
12-07-05, 03:56 PM
Nice mate. Is that original paint or has it be resprayed and restored? And what are them wheels never seen them before?