PDA

View Full Version : Sound dedening

christlee05
06-07-05, 11:46 PM
Iv just finished my boot install and it is very loud but the hole back end of my car is rattling iv stripped it back out at was wondering if carpet underlay will work or do i need proper sound dedening let me know.

epo
07-07-05, 07:48 PM
fiberglass is suposed to be ok

but ive only ever used the proper stuff
i use stuff called "brown bread"

christlee05
13-07-05, 01:35 PM
does it work well then as i want someting to stop the rattling when the boot is shut

Cheeze
13-07-05, 05:37 PM
you can also get stuff from b&q that does the same thing,
Its a self adhesive bitumen backed tape, its similar to brown bread etc but its cheaper, does the job nicely

ade
13-07-05, 11:51 PM
its called aquaseal flashing tape - its the peasent version of Dynamat sound deadening material - works though!

Just make sure youre interior if formly screwed down though to stop any annoying rattles!

Ade

ednovasr2
18-07-05, 12:15 AM
My boot floor/ inside of new rear quarters, in side boot lid/rear door and under car is covered with 19 rolls of brown bread sound deadening, expanding plummer foam.
Be very careful with the foam, make sure all inside trim out, seat belts & wind ups covered in plastic with no holes. This stuff can pop out wings, make bulgs in pannels (bit same size as hand will go atleast 4times as big in 24 hours!) U can really F**K up your car if not carefull!

with two JL audio subs (the old W6 one old demo subs!) in at audio centre with a big Audio ban 2k RMS amp, only thing to rattle apart from my eye balls was the fiberglassed (broken & lose) bumper mount & one passenger door pin!
Oh fuel tank been foamed in place too!

Other wise it will rattle (it's an old car, new ones loads better for sound!Unless SPL it and that is loads of weight and looks s**t!).

Hope helped Brown bread well cheap on line and ok price from maplin stores!

ED

christlee05
18-07-05, 02:05 PM
where can you buy it from then it sounds good

notenuffhoursintheday
19-07-05, 09:06 PM
loft insulation is thebest