PDA

View Full Version : pimp my ride uk

novamadcars
05-07-05, 11:45 PM
just wondering if any one has seen the uk pimp my ride if so what do you fink of it?

Aragorn
06-07-05, 09:56 AM
i saw the one with the golf mk2 last night and it was ok

the car was pretty cool bar the lexarse lights although the interior was perhaps slightly ott, black and red wouldve been better than just red imo

"westwood" does my fuckin nut in tho, its like some 40year old man trying to act like a 25year old black "gangsta"

one thing i did wonder, is that in the USA version they make very clear its west coast customs doing the work (they say the name every other minute) whereas on the uk show they dont actually mention carisma at all, just say "the garage"

Jules
06-07-05, 02:13 PM
It's 100% car crash tv! You know you shouldn't watch it and just turn it off as it's soo bad but you just can't! You keep watching just because it's soo bad!
Well I do anyway!

I've seen both of them so far and they're terrible! Westwood is the worst TV presenter ever and it's quite obvious that he's being scripted as to what he should say and how he should act, the guys at Carisma are also really terrible at acting (like when the car first arrives) as are the owners of the car when they are first 'surprised' by Westwood turning up at their door to pimp their ride.
Also why couldn't the UK version have their own ideas on the shows format? Why is it a straight copy of the US show? Even down to how they disassemble the car and throw the parts into a pile and sit around a table with Jamie asking his workers 'what have they got?' for different aspects of the car?

It's gringe worthy stuff!!
:lol:

Jim
06-07-05, 02:32 PM
It's 100% car crash tv! You know you shouldn't watch it and just turn it off as it's soo bad but you just can't! You keep watching just because it's soo bad!
Well I do anyway!

I've seen both of them so far and they're terrible! Westwood is the worst TV presenter ever and it's quite obvious that he's being scripted as to what he should say and how he should act, the guys at Carisma are also really terrible at acting (like when the car first arrives) as are the owners of the car when they are first 'surprised' by Westwood turning up at their door to pimp their ride.
Also why couldn't the UK version have their own ideas on the shows format? Why is it a straight copy of the US show? Even down to how they disassemble the car and throw the parts into a pile and sit around a table with Jamie asking his workers 'what have they got?' for different aspects of the car?

It's gringe worthy stuff!!
:lol:

You've put me off ever watching it. I feel like you've saved me hours of my life, thankyou Jules :)

Jim

novaadam
06-07-05, 04:54 PM
I WOULD OF SENT MY NOVA OFF BUT SCRAPPED IT I THINK IT WOULD OF WON LOL :oops:

Stuart
06-07-05, 05:35 PM
caps lock is next to the A key ;)

Marc
07-07-05, 11:09 AM
i still havnt seen it properly but what everyone says n bits ive seen on the net it is shit!

ANDYRACER
07-07-05, 03:28 PM
Watched the first one with the minor on MTV's website and got half way through and turned it off. Couldnt watch anymore of westwood trying to be a gangsta.I feel ashamed to be from the U.K after watchin that. :evil:

Sid
07-07-05, 03:57 PM
:beer: