PDA

View Full Version : claiming a new home stereo on insurance.

SRlew
05-07-05, 01:07 PM
right i baught a stereo probably nearly a year ago with 4 years insurance.

but now im bored of it and it looks fairly s**t as theres specks of spray paint onit.

so if i just drop it and break it and say it fell off my cabinet, i get a new one, at the same price i baught my one :lol:
i baught it from like currys i think

has any one done this before, what do i do, ring them up and tell them or what. i aint got a clue.

cheers, lew

Rick_Nova
05-07-05, 08:24 PM
depends on your insurance policy, might only be coverd for theft, could say it was locked up in shed n stolen ;) lol erm, u shud find out what your insurance covers before trying anythin

Nick
05-07-05, 08:35 PM
isn't that techincally insurance fraud ?

Rick_Nova
05-07-05, 08:35 PM
if they find out it is :P

Jules
05-07-05, 08:43 PM
And posting about it on a Internet forum is a good way of keeping it quiet.......
:roll:

Nick
05-07-05, 08:56 PM
doesn't that just push everyones premiums up ?

there same way as chavs writing off cars put our car insurance up ?

if it is the case, you are a idiot.

Rick_Nova
05-07-05, 08:57 PM
calm down lol he just wants a new stereo

Mike.
05-07-05, 09:10 PM
calm down lol he just wants a new stereo

yes but its not the right way too get a new one :wink:

Nick
05-07-05, 10:54 PM
that's why we have shops :wink:

sickrabbit
06-07-05, 08:29 AM
Mate , why dont you clean the paint off , then place the thing on ebay.....

-tucny-
06-07-05, 08:50 AM
isnt the insurance only likley to cover faults like extended warrenty rather than theft or damage? if not then it'll be full of clauses.

i read the insurance conditions for my mobile insurance the other day and it basicly says - dont get robbed, dont use the phone near anyone where they might see it, look after it, dont drop it and dont take it on a plane.

im trying to think of a situation where they would pay out if i needed them to. if my insurance just covers faults then they can get f***ed, iv got my warranty for that.

STE Novavanman
06-07-05, 07:26 PM
whos your insurance company

SO I CAN REPORT YOU YOU THEIVING SCUM

only jokin might be long proces

Jules
07-07-05, 06:51 AM
Jeez, stop being so pikey and save and buy one like everyone else has to!
If you wanted to sell your house and buy a new one would you demolish it and claim the money?
If you wanted to seel your car would you get it 'stolen' then claim for it? Infact don't answer that last one - don't want to know......

Ste L
07-07-05, 07:46 AM
just buy some decent speakers for you comp...

and there ya go, you have got a stereo, plays cd's and radio :wink:
thats what i do, cost you not even half the price of a new stereo and will sound just as good

STE Novavanman
07-07-05, 05:42 PM
or get a surround sound system for your tv for 100 quid and bobs your uncle a fannys your aunt

epo
07-07-05, 07:46 PM
And posting about it on a Internet forum is a good way of keeping it quiet.......

pmsl just what i was thinking

im going to break in to a few houses tonight can any surgest the best method of entry :lol:

Ste L
07-07-05, 08:10 PM
though the windows usually a good option :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SRlew
08-07-05, 11:51 AM
:lol: :lol: yer good point!

how can i get the specks of paint off?

i tried white spirit but it made the grey plastic go all wierd.

or would it be safe to take the case of and just spray it??

ANDYRACER
08-07-05, 04:20 PM
Lew u cheating fuk. :lol: Like said before just get some speakers for ur computer or go cash converters they always have some cheap deals. As for ur current one just except the fact u should have covered it up when u were spraying :lol:

p.s. Hows the nova coming? And what happened to the gsi in the end?

STE Novavanman
08-07-05, 06:21 PM
i will send you a crowbar throught the post just say your address and ill fix it