PDA

View Full Version : log book question

richmond
05-07-05, 01:00 PM
how many ppl have changed the log book to a 2.0litre and wot will happen if i get busted with a 2.0 and the log book says 1.2??? thnx lads n ladies

Jack
05-07-05, 06:44 PM
Police would probably be more interested in whether your insurance was correct... Although an incorrect log book in terms of engine size would also mean you've got the car taxed as a 1.2, not a 2.0 which means technically you're commiting fraud or tax evasion, which again the Police would love to know about lol

Riggy
06-07-05, 08:47 PM
my log book says 2 litre

if you got caught you would prob get bummed and have to start using buses again :lol:

ANDYRACER
07-07-05, 03:40 PM
If u did get caught with the log book saying 1.2 you could just say u havent got round to changing it yet, but seeing as you are paying 2.0 insurance they'll probably just tell u to get it changed and let u off. I doubt they can be bothered with all the paper work for the sake if 40 quid.

Jack
07-07-05, 07:00 PM
^ depends if Mr Policeman is having a nice day or not lol

Doesn't you car need both tax/SORN and MOT for the insurance to be valid too though? i.e. if your tax isn't valid then that makes your insurance void which means no insurance which means the police will want to be anally raping you lol.

jamie gsi16v
13-07-05, 10:58 PM
you can use the excuse of it having loads of tax on when the swap took place, you might aswell change the logbook tho, i mean for the sake off a few pennies extra tax it wud be better than getting safted by a big fat porker!! :oops: