PDA

View Full Version : Am i correct in thinking....

staffychance
04-07-05, 10:43 AM
To do my 2Ltr engine conv i will require.

2Ltr eng (GOT) with loom + ECU
F16 Box standard boxin myGSI, however i do have F20 from GTE donor car
Engine Mount Kit
Stenghining Kit
Nova GTE drive shafts + Cav 1.6 CV'S

Any thing major i have missed??

I know things like Anti Roll Bars are req, but i can sort them once the Eng is In a running.

Stuart
04-07-05, 11:40 AM
no arb

staffychance
04-07-05, 12:49 PM
no arb

What do you mean, dont fit Anti roll bars?

Stuart
04-07-05, 01:05 PM
fit the rear one, but dont bother with the front one

staffychance
04-07-05, 01:22 PM
Ok, actually heard they handle better without the front anyway is this your thinking?

Also when people refer to stitch welding the bay, am i correct in thinking is just short strips of weld evenly spaced on all the seams.

Cheers

Just trying to make sure i have every thing i need, and what i need to do so i can work out a plan soo i dont forget anything.

Also making sure the F16 gsi box is ok(will work) or is it better (easier) to fit the engine with F20 still fitted.

Had it all worked out in my head of what to do and downloaded a couple of sets of conversion instuctions and they all contradict each other, one says F16 cant be used, one says it can, and dont even mention the box.

-Bruce-
04-07-05, 04:49 PM
what gsi box are u referring tho

the 1.6 gsi motor is an F13 box and this will not fit on a 2.0 without mods

staffychance
04-07-05, 04:56 PM
Oahhh thought the GSI was F16, right so i will need to fit the GTE Astra Box then.

Nick
04-07-05, 06:41 PM
weld and inch, then leave an inch gap, weld an inch, and so on and so on.

i might be wrong aboutt he spacing, but the idea is that if a weld cracks it only cracks an inch of weld.

if it's all seam welded fully, it would have a greater chance of cracking all along and down the whole seam.