PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 exhaust for a 1.2-HELP

ANDYRACER
03-07-05, 01:39 AM
I have a Ashley mid-section exhaust for a 1.4 sr and was wondering if it would fit a carbed 1.2? And if not what modifications would be needed?
Cheers Andy

dan-hipgrave
03-07-05, 09:45 AM
I *think* to fit a 1.4 mid-section to a 1.2, you will need the 1.4 manifold and downpipes, but the backbox is the same mate.

And, i just happen to have a 1.4 SR 4-2-1 style manifold+downpipes on ebay at the moment. If you want the link, let me know..

Nick
03-07-05, 10:59 AM
Well you may as well buy a backbox and manifold

even if it bypasses the mi-silencer , that pipe will do very little at all, it's hardly worth the hassle putting it on - if you are keeping the standard manifold and backbox

ANDYRACER
03-07-05, 01:17 PM
Ive got the exhaust for sale along with my jp backbox and someone wanted to know if it will fit a 1.2. So basically you need the 1.4 manifold aswell? Will a standard 1.4 manifold do the job? And im not sure which the downpipe bit is i have a rough idea but if any one has any pics it would be much appreciated. And Dan can i have the link aswell.
Cheers Andy

ANDYRACER
03-07-05, 04:23 PM
Anyone ?????

Nick
03-07-05, 05:25 PM
the downpipe is the the downpipe, on an SR they is a twin down pipe i think.

the manifold is the huge chunk of metal that joins each of the 4 exhaust prots on the head into 1 port.

The downpipes follow that down the engine and turn under the car. Then the mid section goes underneath the rest of the car, and the backbox is the box on the back.

Tell him it should fit, prehaps a slight modification needed.

ANDYRACER
03-07-05, 06:17 PM
Yeh i know which bit u mean now. Cheers

Tell him it should fit, prehaps a slight modification needed.

I like your sales technique. :lol: