PDA

View Full Version : PC Prob

GOZ
02-07-05, 09:03 PM
Hi i opened up device manager today and there was a yellow exclamation mark next to the OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller which i believe to be my firewire card. Under device status it says "this device cannot start (code10)". So first i did a system restore back to the earliest point i could but it was still the same. Next i disabled and re-enabled it still no chage so i uninstalled it. The add hardware wizard picked it up again so i re installed it. It came up that the device could not start so now i am back at square one. Does anyone know anything else i could try to fix it this happened once before but i used system restore that time and it worked but it wont this time. Cheers.

Fester
02-07-05, 09:15 PM
Are you using any devices with this port like a USB pen?

Fester
02-07-05, 09:53 PM
Let me clarify that :lol: are you trying to use any devices on the port with the USB analogy being the case.

GOZ
02-07-05, 09:58 PM
No there's nothing conected to it i am using 4 usb devices printer, scanner mouse and keyboard but there nothing to do with that card. The card has 2 ports at back and 1 internal and there's nothing connected to any of them.

dooooney
03-07-05, 12:16 AM
should b no prob then post a print screen

mad-driver
03-07-05, 01:33 AM
May i just say that system restore isnt the best thing in the world. Backup your stuff regularly and if anything goes wrong you have the data to restore it yourself.

System restore takes the last bits of information and restores it, but if it has taken this info from a time when the computer is not running correctly you are stuck

Just a little piece of advice if thats what you meant by system restore

GOZ
03-07-05, 12:17 PM
Cheers for the advise guys and mad-driver your right system restore ain't always helpfull if you have not noticed the prob straight away when you do notice it you can restore to the earliest point and might still have the problem. Well my problem seems to be fixed now i turned on the PC this morning and theres no exclamation mark next to it in device manager anymore and the connection has re-appeared in the network connections section of control panel. I don't know what the hell happened or how its started working again but it has.