PDA

View Full Version : dont be alarmed!

alxlaw
02-07-05, 05:35 PM
whilst we're on alarms, does any one know how to or where i can get fitting instructions for a cobra 7777 delta electronica alarm system?, coz its bloody confusing, iv fitted most of it, the remote locking n the rest but as always theres quite a few wires left over
from alarm -
red and green wire
a very long green wire
a short green wire
and another red and green wire

what do they do?

ill take some pix tomorrow

nova_matt_1.2
02-07-05, 05:40 PM
if theres two of the same colour i would say there to the indicators to make the indicators flash when you arm it.. hope that helps i cant help with the rest sorry

alxlaw
02-07-05, 06:14 PM
iv got that wired up already, thing is it all works......sorta, well when you disarm it and leave it for 2 mins the led starts flashing like its armed itself (it hasnt) but it looks like it has, and i would find it really annoyin driving around with it flashing away, iv tryed allsorts to remedy the problem and iv decided its gotta be to do with the wires that are left over.....
could i e-mail cobra would they send me one?

nova_matt_1.2
02-07-05, 06:17 PM
yeah email them tell them you lost the guide in your garage.

mine flashes either when the alarm has been set off while im not there or when the alarm is about to do passive arming (arm itself 30 seconds after ignition is switched off and door is shut)

alxlaw
02-07-05, 06:37 PM
i think the problem is i have no ecu, so the imobilizer dosent work, altho im not sure about that

Adam
02-07-05, 08:23 PM
i think the problem is i have no ecu, so the imobilizer dosent work, altho im not sure about that
Just immobilise the ignition, on fuel injected cars its usually the fuel pump that you immobilise, but your 1L pump is mechanical, so you need to interrupt the ignition/starter circuit.

alxlaw
03-07-05, 02:17 PM
well iv asked a guy on e-bay to scan his instructions for me!, hope he does other wise im f**ked, cobra dont want to know and there official website is sh*t............