PDA

View Full Version : alarm help

1400_sri
02-07-05, 05:12 PM
alarms fitted etc etc but on the green/white indicator wire coming out of the indicator stalk i have cut it and attatched my grey wire from the alarm which is indicator output,

when i turn the ignition on the indicators work fine down both sides at normal rate

but when i turn the indicators off theres a live going down the wire clickclickclickclick really fast, and when i set the alarm only the right hand side of the cars indicators work

any help appreciated

-tucny-
02-07-05, 05:28 PM
what alarm have you got?

nova_matt_1.2
02-07-05, 05:38 PM
he posted that for me cause i couldnt remember my name on here

its a microscan an424, but the problems not coming from the alarm, i have disconnected the alarm wire now, and just got the indicator green/grey wire cut in two and theres a live going down the wire fast from the main fuseboard on the car or the relay attached to the fuseboard :?

Adam
02-07-05, 08:25 PM
You do know you have to connect two indicator wires don't you, one for left side, one for right.
On microscan its the grey wires IIRC, should be two of them. Tap them into the indicator wires at the stalk.

nova_matt_1.2
02-07-05, 08:38 PM
yeah iv done one into the right hand side (working fine when i set the alarm) and one into the left. iv been out and had a play, and found out that when i leave the indicator stalk downwards as if i were turning left and set the alarm all the indicators work:S perhaps i need a new stalk or something