PDA

View Full Version : harness

novagirlracer1
01-07-05, 05:55 PM
now iv got my car back from the bodyshop im wanting to fit some bucket seats and harnessess. the bucket seats are fine to fit its the harnesses that are the problem as the seat belt comes away with the original seat there are no holes to fit the fixing brackets can anyone tell me what you do cheers.

Philsutton
01-07-05, 05:59 PM
with mine it was the other way round the seats need to be fixed to the floor by drilling extra holes, the harness i have fix on top the original mounts on the side of the subfrae mine came with fixings for it. I then used the rear seat mounts to fix the rear of the harness an the bit thats sort of on the sill at the bottom, but then again mine were 3 point harnesses

Dar
01-07-05, 06:04 PM
You will need some eyelets and two backing plates. If you look closely at the piccys below you will see the eye's are bolted in the normal place on the outside anchor points. On the inside you need to drill a hole and use a backing plate to hold the eye in place. To anchor the back of the belts in place you can use the rear seatbelt anchor points. Im looking for piccys of the eyelets now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/Dsc0268730.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/Rails.jpg

Philsutton
01-07-05, 06:06 PM
think yours is done different to mine by the sounds of it, cant be arsed to go get any pics though

srs1
01-07-05, 06:13 PM
mine are bolted to the rear seat bench (existing hole)
one on the side (by sill)
and the other i have drilled a hole through the exhaust tunnel and bolted it through there behind the handbrake.

Marc
02-07-05, 05:50 PM
the other option is to strip it out and but a rae stute brace in and attack it to that :D

Rexy
02-07-05, 06:16 PM
the other option is to strip it out and but a rae stute brace in and attack it to that :D

Not really reccommended unless its part of the cage or welded in to the struts...

novagirlracer1
02-07-05, 11:16 PM
cheers everyone the harnesses came with the eyelets and it was just where to drill the fixtures to the inside of the seat i was stuck on and iv now relised you have to drill through the exhaust section bit of the car to fix them in. is any one on this site going to the cruise fest

SRlew
05-07-05, 12:57 PM
mine are bolted to the rear seat bench (existing hole)
one on the side (by sill)
and the other i have drilled a hole through the exhaust tunnel and bolted it through there behind the handbrake.

what did you do then sean. drill a hole in through the exhaust tunnel then just secure it with a nut underneath.

cause i'll have to mine soon before the m.o.t.

Dar
05-07-05, 02:22 PM
You can get the proper plates with the nut wielded on so that the anchor point dosen't pull through the tunnel. But yes you can just drill a hole in to the exhaust tunnel and bolt it on there.

Rexy
05-07-05, 02:31 PM
You can get the proper plates with the nut wielded on so that the anchor point dosen't pull through the tunnel. But yes you can just drill a hole in to the exhaust tunnel and bolt it on there.

?4 from Demon tweeks IIRC.

i've got a pair at home that need welding into the shell.

Stuart
05-07-05, 02:42 PM
meh welding is for pussies lmao.

drill a shole and hope it nevers falls out/pulls through ;o)

Dod
05-07-05, 03:25 PM
I've used the existing Holes, and taken the seat belt locking unit(the bit with the button) mounting bracket off the subframes and boltedonto my Bucket subframe. It'll need a bit of messing with tho get it right but'll be grand, night be a bit iffy for track use though.

SRlew
05-07-05, 04:54 PM
meh welding is for pussies lmao.

drill a shole and hope it nevers falls out/pulls through ;o)

:lol: yer nice and simple.

those plates sond good though.

srs1
05-07-05, 09:54 PM
I've used the existing Holes, and taken the seat belt locking unit(the bit with the button) mounting bracket off the subframes and boltedonto my Bucket subframe. It'll need a bit of messing with tho get it right but'll be grand, night be a bit iffy for track use though.

i originally did that, but due to it being an mot failure i had to do it the other way.

i used a p[late with a nut welded to it. then drilled 2 holes in that and then screwed it to the exhaust tunnel before i put the bolts through it for the harness.

SRlew
06-07-05, 09:37 AM
alright got ya.

im going to have to do that soon then, as iv got mine bolted to the subframe aswell.

Aragorn
06-07-05, 09:53 AM
why exactly would that be an MOT fail?

the stadnrad belt mounts there just fine?

i used the center 2 rear seat belt holes in my bros car, 2 brackets bolted to where the seatbelt buckle used to go and other ones on the sill where the belt used to attach at the bottom

Chris
06-07-05, 12:47 PM
if you have the bolt down harnesses then the end of the belt with the bracket on has to be able to move, hence them being supplied with spacers, if this spacer is on then it will be fine, if not then will be an MOT failure

Stuart
06-07-05, 01:09 PM
the eyelet ones are fine though ;)

Dod
06-07-05, 09:36 PM
if you have the bolt down harnesses then the end of the belt with the bracket on has to be able to move, hence them being supplied with spacers, if this spacer is on then it will be fine, if not then will be an MOT failure

Yeah, they need to swivel but all harnesses are supplied with a special nut that allowa them to swivel and mine do, i cant see anything wrong with the way i've mine in. I'd post a few pics but i dont have the car here.

srs1
06-07-05, 10:13 PM
maybe my mot place was a bit more tight.

i thought i had put all the moving nuts etc on it when i first fitted the seat belts

SRlew
07-07-05, 11:48 AM
oh right. i'll leave it then. then if it does fail, then i'll do it.

but yer my harnesses have got those things aswell that allow it to swivle.

i just wanted to know now as iv got to get under there anyway to slide the exhaust down and fix my fire extinguisher down.

Dod
07-07-05, 08:22 PM
I want a side exit exhaust but wont it make it really really really noisey? Also, will i loose back preasure?

m.d.
07-07-05, 08:29 PM
I want a side exit exhaust but wont it make it really really really noisey? Also, will i loose back preasure?

i doubt you will be able to make it quiet with a side exit, there is no space under a nova for a big enough box in the middle to do that, you could allways cut up the floor a little and box it in so you can get a big box in, extend the tunnel behind the handbrake would be best i recs

Dod
07-07-05, 11:05 PM
I've seen them done. From the CAT back theres a huge silencer, but wouldn't it be restrictive, or would it cause loss of preasure, anyone know where to get a proper one from?

SRlew
08-07-05, 11:18 AM
there was a nova around my area that had a side exit exhaust. it came out the passenger side, but he actually had a back box there, looked like a jap style one.

then there was a nova van down the road with a side exit, and i think that was a peco back box.