PDA

View Full Version : loudest exhaust

Nova_Houch7
01-07-05, 12:57 PM
hey there
im looking to make my exhaust as loud as possible, i only have a 1.2 at the moment, and wud like some advice on wat to get, or wat to do.
Thanks
Luke

Matt2107
01-07-05, 01:27 PM
If you make it as loud as possible then you'll just be asking to get pulled by the old bill.

Then they might find something else wrong with your car like bald tyres etc!!!

Aragorn
01-07-05, 02:59 PM
i fitted an ashley system to my bro's 1.2i and it sounds alright

the problem with small engine is that u get a certain amount of loudness with a 2box system like the ashley system, to make it any louder u need to chop out all the silencers and thats when it a) sounds shit and b) gets u done by the bill

mad-driver
01-07-05, 03:08 PM
Surely just adding a performance exhaust will make it louder, it does in my experience. Although my SR doesnt sound too loud inside, from the outside when it approaches and passes at speed its bloody noisy, and thats with 2 middle silencers and backbox made by magnex. I do have a 4 branch on it too though.

Anyway what the others said will go aswell, the police are always looking for things to do and a noisy nova with a young lad in is a primary target

Nova_Houch7
01-07-05, 03:20 PM
thanks, i was plannin on gettin a performance exhaust soon anyway, but jus wanted some ideas rely, was ganna either get ashley full system or piper full.

mad-driver
01-07-05, 03:23 PM
Ashley are pretty decent and by fair the cheapest i think. Will make a nice noise too but you dont really want it any louder or you will attract too much attention :)

Nova_Houch7
01-07-05, 03:27 PM
i do like the attention, especially when i get some more stuff on my car, its being lowered on fk coilovers, skirts, air filter, fit my recaros, get tints etc, ganna sort that stuff when i get bak from holiday, and a performance exhaust, check out my feature. looks ok at the moment, will look better when i get the new stuff on it.

mad-driver
01-07-05, 03:56 PM
You dont have a feature at the moment. But yea show us when you get some kit on it

Aragorn
01-07-05, 04:09 PM
just a FYI: tinting the front windows is illegal

if u want attention tahts fine, but u dont really wanna be getting pulled over and fined every other week for it now do u

ANDYRACER
01-07-05, 04:23 PM
Trust me mate you will regret the loud exhaust after a while it just gets annoying. Ashley exhausts are the loudest id go. I had a 124db backbox on my sr and it pecked my head after a while. Still got that exhaust if you want it?

Ste L
01-07-05, 05:19 PM
if you wan it loud just take your exhaust of :lol: :lol: :lol:

couldn't hack loud exhausts me, mine's just about right, nice deep, but not loud growl :D

General Baxter
01-07-05, 05:32 PM
nar mate, loud is the future

ill take a photo of my system, ready for the turbo engine

well i say system, its a bit of 2 3/4 pipe from the manifold to the end of the car :wink:

Philsutton
01-07-05, 05:34 PM
mines the loudest :D , well thats what the police say about the matter

fastcar1cars
01-07-05, 05:39 PM
mines pretty loud i've got a powerflow back box, 4 branch and a straight through system also i think the webers help!!!

Philsutton
01-07-05, 05:41 PM
twin carbs always help :lol:

mad-driver
01-07-05, 05:52 PM
twin carbs always help :lol:

Thats my next trick then :wink:

Chris14SR
02-07-05, 12:30 AM
I do find that the twin 40s make far more noise than the exhaust, except around halfway up the rev range, or when coasting at low revs with a quarter throttle, at which point the burbling backfire can be quite intense. To be honest though, you can have far too much of a good thing, with a full ashley system with manifold, and the carbs, plus the loss of all sound insulation and interior, you'd hardly call it a 'motorway cruiser' and the noise is far from sophisticated.

http://www.anthonypaynter.com/tmo/uploads/tmo/uploads/engbaymed.JPG

Aragorn
02-07-05, 09:27 AM
i hope u run filters on those carbs...

Nova_Houch7
02-07-05, 10:01 AM
well im hoping that when i get my sr, im ganna get twin 40's, as cant quite afford insurance at the moment as im 17, but as soon as i can do it then i will.
jus ganna stick wit the performance exhaust,manifold etc. and the filter that i get next week(ITG).