PDA

View Full Version : Help I cant stop

STE Novavanman
30-06-05, 10:26 PM
Im in my car and i cant stop whats wrong with it i dont know first of all all the pads have plenty of wear and secondly ive just bleed them and the peddle still travels to the floor and also as it drops it makes a knocking noise now i looked at the rear brake cylinders and the pistions on it travel at different speeds is this whats wrong with it.

Also this is my Pug 205 XS

Please help got mot on mon and it needs to pass

Rob-16v
30-06-05, 10:36 PM
id start off by adjusting the rear shoe so there perfect. then re-bleed ur brakes bet theres loads of air left in em.

STE Novavanman
01-07-05, 06:15 PM
Well i got a bleeding kit but there seems to be no air in them would the cylinders move at different distance

dunova
01-07-05, 08:47 PM
Brake master cylinder knackered me thinks (seals gone)............

STE Novavanman
01-07-05, 09:15 PM
i checked that as told by pug dealer by pumping pedal keeping foot on it then starting the engine and it drops but stop when the servo kicks in i think this is how it works

Aragorn
01-07-05, 09:30 PM
a common problem with vauxhalls and old master cylinders is when u try to bleed them by using the "pump the pedal" method the seals jam against the unused part of the piston and flip over when u release the pedal

you'll need a new cylinder, and use a pressure bleeding system in future

dunova
01-07-05, 09:36 PM
Did you drain the brake fluid a lot or completely and then refill/top it up? If so, then i would almost guarantee that the seals have gone in the brake master cylinder (the one in the engine bay-not the rear one's).

If not, then you probably just have air in the system. Best way to get it out is to loosen the bleed nipple and have someone depress the brake pedal to the floor and hold it there. Then you tighten the nipple back up and the other person can let the pedal back up. Then repeat until its pure brake fluid coming out and not air. Remeber that on a nova the brake system is connected diagnaly, e.g the front drivers side is connected to the rear passenger side and vice versa.

STE Novavanman
01-07-05, 09:40 PM
yeah same as my pug