PDA

View Full Version : arch work

jonhunt
30-06-05, 07:09 PM
what best to use to do a arch on a mk2 nova rear ones. workin on my bro nova 1.0 lowerd 30mm alround he riped out the rear and wants the body work all don so it can go of for a full respray then can do the rest (2.0 8v goin in) items to use and any tips on rear arch's i do motorcycle panals myself so im good at his stuf just need to no what best to use???

Jon

mail me if you no what best

Ste L
30-06-05, 07:17 PM
new rear arch panel or section would do the job :idea:

Nick
30-06-05, 07:19 PM
as said, a full rear arch panel would do the job, or justthe lower section welded and smooted in.

it depends how much of the arch is rotten, rusty , going ?

And take your time and align it all properly as i've seen some pretty crummy arch jobs before !

jonhunt
30-06-05, 09:09 PM
na aint bad just a bit down the bottom of it both sides do the locks aswell and the boot not avin a flush boot just the panal above the number plate removed and lock filled in.
got get a pump for it he work for vax anyway so no probs

ade
02-07-05, 10:14 AM
if its just down the sides and the top's are okay, you can rebuild that in fibreglass - providing you clear ALL surface rust away.

That's what I did - if you remove the inner rear 1/4 panel trim, you can get right down to the corners and laminate it from the inside - as well as remove the rust from inside too - stops it spreading. Then just smooth with filler (light skim) on the outside and spray.