PDA

View Full Version : custom dash

novaco
30-06-05, 06:44 PM
hey i realy fancy having a one off dash in my nova. i dnt meen like jst a nova dash but a different colour or a corsa dash i meen one that is totaly home made!!

anyone got anypics of any??

i no i heard someone talking about putting an aliminum dash in there nova but i cant remember seeing any pics of it!

cheers for any ideas or pics!

jonhunt
30-06-05, 09:12 PM
i been told corsa dash will fit in no probs respray it white or silver look well god for less to nothing

Rob-16v
01-07-05, 01:03 AM
A fully smooth custom fibreglass dash wud be ace with tv and guages all moulded in! make one? and i think u gotta mod the corsa dash,u gotta cut the windscreen air vent off or summat.

Jack
01-07-05, 10:22 AM
Corsa dash takes a fair bit of work to get in - round peg, square hole and all that to quote a rather appropriate analogy...

Matt2107
01-07-05, 01:22 PM
One of fibre glass dash mate.... its the best option because you can completely customise it.

I'm about to start one for my little brothers mini.

Cheeze
01-07-05, 04:21 PM
i have done both of these options, done a standard mk2 dash and used fiberglass to cover the glovebox and the small shelve u get so it was curved, with a 4" tv where the centre vents used to be, a lot of fucking about to do this,
but so is the corsa dash, it requires an inch taken out of the passengers side and added to the drivers side, so that it lines up with the steering, have a look at a standard corsa dash to the left of the glove box if u can then look at my one, u will see where the hastle comes into this
http://www.scottishnovas.co.uk/dash.jpg
http://www.scottishnovas.co.uk/22.jpg

jonhunt
02-07-05, 02:24 PM
bro likes that might give that a go. i let ya no got do body work and a few pits for it to get a MOT

novavalver
02-07-05, 07:24 PM
Ant pics of the mk2 dash you done?

Graeme

novaco
03-07-05, 10:01 AM
Ant pics of the mk2 dash you done?

Graeme

you read my mind!

Marc
03-07-05, 05:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/novaaj/DSC00643.jpg

personally i like that dash small and neat (yes i know its mk1) but also give you room to make what ever the hell you want on the passanger side out of fibre glass and but tv's, gauges or what ever you want! :D

Cheeze
03-07-05, 08:31 PM
ok heres the pics of my other custom dash, u can see what a done with the glove box area, it was eventually painted the same colour as my car
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/591000-591999/591959_68_full.jpg

novaco
03-07-05, 08:44 PM
:o i like the mk2

in total mate how much you think u spent on fibre glass or filler or whatever you used??

did you take that rubber/leather grey stuff off first or did you go straight over the top of it??

Matt2107
04-07-05, 01:36 PM
I've gotta make a custom dash for this in the near future.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Matt2107/minidash.jpg

My little bro's mini van.. which incidently he has just txt me saying he can get a lambo door kit for it for ?750.

Cheeze
04-07-05, 05:52 PM
no i never took the gry stuff off, but i should have, just got some canvas material, stetched it over the dash where i wanted it and stapled it on, then wetted it with resin and the matted 2 layers of sheet over the top of that. filled with pre mixed fibre glass and a shit load of filler, couldnt really guess how much i spent on the both lol

novaco
04-07-05, 05:59 PM
i bet it was quite a lot!! looks good tho worth it in the end!!

christlee05
06-07-05, 11:50 PM
I want to put a corsa dash in my nova but was wondering is there a lot of work involved to get it to fit snug

notenuffhoursintheday
07-07-05, 12:07 AM
a nova is a nova ffs why change it just a total waste of money IDIOTS

ade
07-07-05, 11:02 AM
that's a bit strong! if thats the cas why mod any car.

For the fun of it and the challenge...

If you feck it up and make an arse job then yeah - yer an idiot, but if youre prepared for the consequences (and have the cash and a spare dash incase) do it.

Customising the dash is like modding the outside of the car. Thres elements of the nova dash I hate (the fact it rattles to feck for one and the centre section blows cold air!).

If yer gonna drive the car and therefore be in it, you may aswell do the interior as well - after all its where you spend the main part of the time when with your car - may as well make it pleasing to your eye.

:|

Marc
07-07-05, 01:17 PM
that's a bit strong! if thats the cas why mod any car.

For the fun of it and the challenge...

If you feck it up and make an a*** job then yeah - yer an idiot, but if youre prepared for the consequences (and have the cash and a spare dash incase) do it.

Customising the dash is like modding the outside of the car. Thres elements of the nova dash I hate (the fact it rattles to feck for one and the centre section blows cold air!).

If yer gonna drive the car and therefore be in it, you may aswell do the interior as well - after all its where you spend the main part of the time when with your car - may as well make it pleasing to your eye.

:|

well said ade, its all about time, effort and detirmination and being different is what styling is about :D

ade
07-07-05, 11:13 PM
cheers matey!

:D

timmsy20
23-07-05, 05:39 PM
so cheeze have u got any pics of ur corsa dash in ur nova?
do u know of anywhere or anybody in south east england that i can get to do this for me
im quite new to the whole interior customisation and not confident to do it myself......

well said bout the moddin by the way lol

r0b
29-07-05, 10:20 AM
im liking that mk1 dash actually, nice room for expansion ;)