PDA

View Full Version : pies for fatties

sickrabbit
29-06-05, 05:56 PM
I,ve always regarded Pioneer to be a good half way point for audio ( all my home systems were Pioneer sperates and of heavy wattage the amps are awesome) but never ventured towards car audio in any way of this popular make....
Slapped a pair of 6x9 2-way 240 watts Pioneers in me motor today , runnin via a cheap jvc head unit and the same cheap style 220 watt amp sony......no slaggin tho , bass fine highs no probs...,works well with the vibe black air 10 ( brilliant subs - dont even bother with anything else )
news is Pioneer still have it - impressed...( but then I,ve never had a problem with Pioneer - home audio that is ).Large sounds for around ?200 :wink:
now for a sound check of motorhead.....

nice bass

Jack
29-06-05, 06:59 PM
And what do you know! One of the parcel shelves i'm selling has two Pioneer speakers in it! :lol:

[/shameless_plug]

One of my mates swears by Pioneer stuff, and I'm planning on buying some for the 'four (but thats mainly as nobody else does the right size speakers lol)

sickrabbit
01-07-05, 03:56 PM
Pioneers gear was always rated as expenive equiptment ( as far as hi -fi goes ) and then I think in the late 90s they seem to loose it..unless you go seperate that is - and their plasma tv is awesome ....does anyone on the forum use a pioneer head unit ..? may go that way when my current one gets sold with the motor....

are they any good ( gotta be honest I,ve had a few pioneer home cd players -mind you they were first generation ones and didnt last ) ??

wish Arcam did car hi-fi ( and i was rich )

Jack
01-07-05, 05:02 PM
Yeah, my mate has a Pioneer HU and I have to say its pretty good for the money he paid. Pretty robust too, doesn't skip much and plays some pretty battered cdrs!

-tucny-
02-07-05, 05:41 PM
iv had two pioneer head units. the first one i got was a keh8900, which was one of the early ones with the large oel display. it had loads of functions and could even be wired up as a car alarm using the speakers as the siren - the only problem i had with it was the display packing up (twice). the second one i got, i still use and again theres loads of functions and menus to get the sound just how ya like it! quality gear.

as for the rest of the pioneer range, their dj mixers are bloody good!

-Greg-
02-07-05, 06:47 PM
i have a pioneer head unit and id buy nothing else if i had to get another i recon pioneer make the best head units as for speakers i wouldnt bother id go infinity.
greg