PDA

View Full Version : novas off to b fixed and some thoughts

dooooney
29-06-05, 11:48 AM
well dad took her to the garage today to get her a tune up and new wheel bareing(sp) but i think she has a manifold problem it makes a sound near the zorst manifold do u no what that might b? if u dnt ill ask dad to ask the mechanic to look at it to.

also ill tell you the lil plan i have for this nova this time im stricktly stayin mk1! well mostly.
I plan to get my self a pair of astra GTE seats in black leather then get my rear seats done in black leather as well.
then the rear door cards weill be done in some sort of black cover and im making some frount door cards out of some sort of meta. l as for the door handles my m8 is a carpender and he sed hed make me some in the same design as the origanal(sp) ones.
The dash im thinking on tacking out and spraying it black and fiberglassing my own center console with a moniter in it and so that it goes all the way into the back witha moniter in it there to for the peaple in the back. and if i get the time i was thinking on making some sort of air con system that goes into the back of the car like some of the luxuary cars these days.
For the outside of the car i was thinking GTE or GSI kit on it but mk 1 and a respray in black after i get rid of my airial and put a bee sting one on the roof. or can u put and airial in the car like aloong the roof? cause my moms bmw doesnt have a an arial anywhere and was wondering if i can do that. i may smooth the boot but most likly leave it as it is with a mk1 boot spoiler.
engine well i dont know yet but it will b last on the list well i will clean it up but performance wise i dont know what to do

comments anyone

chears Dooooney

Jack
29-06-05, 12:24 PM
...but then you also said you were going to get a saloon :P

dooooney
29-06-05, 12:25 PM
well the saloon i wanted got sold to some 1 els so ima bit fucked on that idea as non seem to come up on autotrader the paper or anywhere near me ill get one one day but for now il make this car mint will give me somthing to do

Jim
29-06-05, 12:39 PM
If you want to make this car "mint" don't modify it. If you start modifying it your insurance will go through the roof, even for the basic modifications that you've listed below.

Why is it that young drivers these days seem so intent on having everything yesterday? Why not leave the car as it is for a couple of years till you build up some NCB and then start modifying it? Or is that too sensible a suggestion?

Jim

Jack
29-06-05, 12:42 PM
It woudl seem patience is a virtue obviously not inherant in the younger generation...

dooooney
29-06-05, 01:57 PM
cause the interior is brown and fadeing badly i dont care about the outside inside counts to me and the frount seats are broken as the dnt lock in no more as i broke the seat when trying to get the stearing wheel off so they need replacin the outside needs a respray as the paint is scratched from kids in my estate rideing past and playin games so it needs a respray