PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 16v fitting guide

storer
28-06-05, 04:18 PM
hi im thinking of buying a 1.4 16v engine from a corsa sport i will make sure i get the key and transponder. can anyone tell me if i will need anything else apart from the engine gearbox loom and ecu and key and transponder.

please could you tell me if i need anything else?

now im not sure what exactly is involved in the conversion im currently running a 1.4 sr so i no i need a mpi fuel tank and fuel pump but im not exaclty sure how to go about wiring the engine in and what i need to do about coolent pipes and the egr.
if some one could give me a step by step guide on what exactly needs doing i would be very greatful.

i can remove the sr engine and mount the new one but i just need to no how to go about the above things

thanks in advance for any help or advice it will be much appreciated

Rob-16v
28-06-05, 05:13 PM
Ditch the egr system, use a 4 branch manifold,iv put an exteranl fuel pump on mine, and to get it running (with transponder) theres a fuse and relay on the left hand side of the engine bay with four wires to it, red,red/blue,brown,black.find the end of ur loom and match the four wires up. use the sr wires for starting and charging system.there are some water pipes near the tb, make sure that they are on and clamped before the engine is put in. it will save u time.

Rob-16v
28-06-05, 05:17 PM
Thats a really rough guide btw. theres more to it than that so if anyone want to add please do! proberly not that gud coz mine dont even run yet.