PDA

View Full Version : What i had before the GSi......R.I.P :(

NovalutionGSi
28-06-05, 09:23 AM
ok, thought i'd let you guys see my nova i had before this GSi GTE look a like.

was a minsteral Grey H reg SR. picked her up for ?300 already lowered 40mm and colour coded bumpers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/novaload/Novacast2.jpg

thats how she was, note the alloys have moved from her to the GSi. cnat really notice it but she was in the middle of having a set of Z3 vents smoothed in, have finished pics but they are huge! she also gained a Full scooby Rep Bonnet as well, was handy to vent heat out from the manifold till they melted the glue! :oops:

anyway, this is why i now have the GSi, was parked up down Yarmouth seafront. went to talk to a few mates, when i heard this loud bang. saw a red nova TD rolling to a stop after running into the back of a Red integra Type R who was parking next to my SR. thought nothing of it. then i get told my car is in the middle of the road! :o nice amount of damage for a car that was traveling at about 30mph so she claims!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/novaload/Novacast4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/novaload/Novacast3.jpg

mad-driver
28-06-05, 11:28 AM
ouch! Nasty one mate, sorry to hear that looked a nice motor. I swear if someone drove into the back of mine id kill em

Rexy
28-06-05, 12:08 PM
love the impact performance sticker lol...was that on before or after the crash.

Shame to see yet another mk1 go to heaven :cry:

NovalutionGSi
28-06-05, 12:15 PM
she was clean on the outside.

worst bit was 2 weeks before me and dad has spent the whole weekend welding patchs on the floor and replacing the boot cross member to get her through the MOT. if it wasnt for that i think it would of been in a worse state than what she got away with.

there was a nice set of K&N bolt dents in the bonnet where i took my pissed offness out and punched the bonnet! :oops:

the girl in the TD had to be cut out althou her car didnt look to bad apart from the roof! the Teggy had a good 4-6 inches of chassie sticking out the back from where she hit him.

the Sticker was on ther before had,, everyone comments of that, kinda my trade mark pic that! :lol:

But she lives on, just like my 1st SR, bits are still about of them to keep the GSi going!

ANDYRACER
28-06-05, 02:29 PM
That looks harsh. I think she was going a little faster than 30mph.

mad-driver
28-06-05, 02:33 PM
That looks harsh. I think she was going a little faster than 30mph.

you'd be surprised at what a 30mph shunt does

scott.parker
28-06-05, 02:49 PM
Lol mate i remember seeing your car befoer,and the coments of the sticker :lol:

shame was nice.

Scott

NovalutionGSi
28-06-05, 02:59 PM
cheers Scott. was a good lil runner for what i paid for her.

like i siad 30mph and my car get shoved out of its parking bay...... i'm sure she was going faster than 30, althou she claimed that he car would not accelerate that quick but knowing that the guy who had the car before her knew how to play with the TD's and get them to accel as quick as an SR she could of been doing 40-50.

Jack
28-06-05, 03:03 PM
^ I'd have thought a TD could be just as fast if not a little faster off the line than an SR...

mad-driver
28-06-05, 03:31 PM
^ I'd have thought a TD could be just as fast if not a little faster off the line than an SR...

i thought that once but i was wrong :wink:

ANDYRACER
28-06-05, 03:48 PM
The Td engines are pritty quick engines. Id have one anyday.

mad-driver
28-06-05, 03:51 PM
The Td engines are pritty quick engines. Id have one anyday.

but not as quick as my SR

NovalutionGSi
28-06-05, 04:13 PM
No they are just as quick.

i have had a 3 way drag race, 2 TD novas and my SR, was even off the line but once up to speed the SR is quicker! oh and we are talking of 1.3/1.4 SRs not 2ltr converted SRs! :lol: :roll:

mad-driver
29-06-05, 12:21 AM
well no diesel has managed to keep up with me off the mark yet, including a 306 1.9 Tdi, Nova TD and a new fiesta deisel

anyway lol...

Jack
29-06-05, 01:03 PM
well no diesel has managed to keep up with me off the mark yet, including a 306 1.9 Tdi
Was he even trying? In my experience the Durbo (mate used to have one)has always pasted the SRs

mad-driver
29-06-05, 01:35 PM
Well i gather so judging by the look on his face at the next set of lights wondering what was under my bonnet

NovalutionGSi
30-06-05, 07:18 AM
:lol: love doing that!

the SR's are great to do that with as well!

mad-driver
30-06-05, 11:23 AM
My car looks standard from the outside, as you can see, so some people think they can get the better of me as its 'just another nova'

NovalutionGSi
30-06-05, 12:56 PM
as you can see my SR was like that as well. was a fairly quick 1.4SR as well.

Dod
30-06-05, 10:12 PM
well no diesel has managed to keep up with me off the mark yet, including a 306 1.9 Tdi, Nova TD and a new fiesta deisel

anyway lol...

306 D-Turbos would eat you off the Road, they are mental quick and believe me, if he wanted you, you'd be gone, thats no lie mate.

mad-driver
30-06-05, 11:56 PM

anyway lol...

306 D-Turbos would eat you off the Road, they are mental quick and believe me, if he wanted you, you'd be gone, thats no lie mate.

Nah they aint that quick. For starters his turbo was going mental i could hear it as it was quite audible. You know the kind of whistle you get when some boots a standard TD car.

Besides my mate has one and cant catch me :) :wink:

womble sri
30-06-05, 11:56 PM
dont be silly mate a fuckin tdi pug you twat novas will shit on anything like that. my sri used to shit on any diesel round my way including golf tdis

Rick Draper
01-07-05, 12:28 AM
ROFLMFMO@the sri and SR nova owners that think just cause something has a TDI badge on it there sr/sri can beat it. Fucking bollocks, at the end of the day a nova sri/sr is a car with what 80-90 bhp to start with, a 13 year old engine and primative ecu/carb. Your gonna get trashed by most modern 1.8cc+ TDI's.

mad-driver
01-07-05, 12:57 AM
Well each to their own opinions (including me), but i dont need to prove anything, im just simply making converstation thats all :)

And not all diesels are very powerful either. My mates 1900 dti golf has 90bhp, weighs a tonne and thus isnt very quick

Anyway... what i said above, have note to prove

NovalutionGSi
01-07-05, 09:00 AM
Stop bickering in my posts!

the 306Dturbo can be quick bu thats if they have been played with.

but as Mad_rick said even the Sr/SRi's and some GTEs/GSi aint going to whoop the new TDi's, i'd love to see my GSi whoop my Boss's Audi A4 Avant with its 2.5 V6 TDi lump. after driving it, i know its got alot of punch!
and also anyone heard of the Fabira VRS?? i know one of my mates has one running 202bhp and thats a burner as well!

Jack
01-07-05, 11:25 AM
How long til this thread gets locked then :lol:

I reckon I can get away with some D-Turbo badges on the back of my car... honest guv :lol:

mad-driver
01-07-05, 12:04 PM
i'd love to see my GSi whoop my Boss's Audi A4 Avant with its 2.5 V6 TDi lump.

Ok last one now, i know Novas wont beat all diesels because like the Audi above, they are quick i know they are. I was merely saying that some diesels even with bigger engines than nova's are slow

Rant over 8)

Dod
01-07-05, 11:27 PM
Amen... :lol: