PDA

View Full Version : can an 1.4 sri head go on my 1.3 sr bottom end??

kev1300sr
27-06-05, 08:48 PM
is this possible, as i have the head in the garage and the 1.3 is in the car at the moment? i know it will work but will i have to swap the fuel tank to an injection one as the sr is carb or can i run the sri head off the carb?? i think its the fuel pump that is the problem as it sits externally on the 1.3 head? i am not really sure and i will be greatfull for any help. thanks. Kevin

Ste L
28-06-05, 03:19 AM
the head will phisically fit the bottom end, exhaust manifold should mate up fine, only thing is the inlet manifold is different

you only need to swap fuel tanks if you are goin from carb'd to injection, otherwise your fuel tank should be fine

mad-driver
28-06-05, 11:39 AM
Yea it should go on, its usually a popular mod as the sri is a good head, but i think matching the inlet can be a abit of a biatch :?

Ste L
28-06-05, 11:52 AM
put the head on, and stick twin 40's use a round port inlet manifold for GSI/SRi with it

kev1300sr
28-06-05, 06:19 PM
is matching the inlet ports the only obstacle i will have. what about the full pump? how will fuel be pumped to the sri head when it is on? anyone know how i can match up the inlet ports? and if i were to put 40's on, would i jet them for the bottom end ( 1.3 ) or the head ( 1.4 )?? thanks again for all help. Kevin

Ste L
28-06-05, 09:39 PM
the head wont affect how the fuel is put in the engine, that what the carb or injection system do....

if your keeping it on a carb, then you don't need to worry about that

Snowface
29-06-05, 02:37 PM
you'll need to skim the 1.4sri head a bit to get back some of the compression you will loose.

kev1300sr
29-06-05, 07:12 PM
which head gasket set will i use when putting the sri head onto the sr block? p.s anyone have any reply to the question i asked regarding the twin 40's? thanks alot. Kevin