PDA

View Full Version : Welding

STE Novavanman
27-06-05, 07:18 PM
Can anyone tell me wat wire they use for there mig welder for welding new panels on there novas please

Stuart
27-06-05, 07:26 PM
i used 0.6mm not sure if you can get any thinner, but 0.6 is about the max you need really.

STE Novavanman
27-06-05, 07:56 PM
cheers i will give that a shot

Aragorn
27-06-05, 07:57 PM
0.6mm, welder set to about 80A with argoshield (argon/co2 mix) is about the best you'll get over the net without a pro coming along and setting everything up

use those settings and adjust the wire speed so u get nice welds, u also want about 6litres per minute on the gas flow and make sure your welding to nice steel, not rusty crap or your welds will end up shit

_JH_
02-07-05, 10:09 PM
CO2 is fine for welding mild steel, don't worry about an argon mix. 6litres per minute is fine in doors, if you have to do it out side or in an open garage you may want it flowing a little more.

As for the how hot you set it and how fast you feed the wire, that all depends what angle your welding at. if your repairing a rear arch for example, practice welding some thin steel thats vertical.

and don't clean it with a grinder, you'll lose too much metal. use coarse glass paper/aluminum oxide paper or emery cloth. if you have to use a grinder use a worn, fine, flap disc.

enjoy!

Aragorn
03-07-05, 01:05 AM
co2 is fine yes, but you'll get better welds with argon/co2 mix and it makes less spatter

_JH_
03-07-05, 12:17 PM
co2 is fine yes, but you'll get better welds with argon/co2 mix and it makes less spatter

lol, if you insist