PDA

View Full Version : lower than your gran's nips :D

Chris
27-06-05, 06:20 PM
Got my coilovers fitted on the back the other day, they dont scrub but I think they need lifting up a touck, more WIP to follow soon lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/P1010136.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/P1010137.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/P1010138.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/P1010139.jpg

Chris

Marc
27-06-05, 06:21 PM
just a touch mate :D looks smart tho

Ste L
27-06-05, 06:22 PM
that mint, looks well nice

i need coilovers, i want mine that low

Marc
27-06-05, 06:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/noraslator/P1010139.jpg

Chris

the sign in the background sums it up for me! :lol:

Mike.
27-06-05, 06:28 PM
wow, thats real nice, i love that car

Matt Nova
27-06-05, 06:34 PM
looks mint mate

krobinson
27-06-05, 07:28 PM
Looks mint mate!!

Lower than shagging your own sister!

Keith

Ste L
27-06-05, 07:41 PM
Lower than shagging your own sister!

nothing that low

hendrix
27-06-05, 07:50 PM
niiiice mate, looks well good, looks fine - dont lift it up!

Riggy
27-06-05, 08:25 PM
top one chris , what coilovers did you get then

and when you said you were havin black wheels there is quicker ways to go about it then to brake dust them black :wink:

Matt EvoVI
27-06-05, 08:38 PM
It dose look cool chris, but maybe a little higher :wink:

P.s

Show car :lol:

Matt

srs1
27-06-05, 09:12 PM
pics look even better then the ones you sent me.

well smart chrisy baby

martweaver
27-06-05, 09:53 PM
Now your talking mate - looks excellent!!

Mart

charlottle
27-06-05, 11:01 PM
looks good a little bumpy though, i have to have my harness really tight to hold my t*ts in place :)

Matt EvoVI
27-06-05, 11:16 PM
looks good a little bumpy though, i have to have my harness really tight to hold my t*ts in place :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Class

SRimon
27-06-05, 11:19 PM
I need some :x

Looks mental mate

ANDYRACER
27-06-05, 11:20 PM
That looks quality. What coilovers you running at the back? And how low do you reckon it is? My sr on the same wheels with 80mm spax springs wasn't far off that, but i had a system in the boot aswell.

Dave
27-06-05, 11:22 PM
looks sweet even better as the wheels are still white :lol:

Chris
27-06-05, 11:27 PM
the wheels are black on the front and white on teh back, they WILL be black though. Just need to bald 2 tyres then they will get done. The coilovers are AVO, I am fitting the fronts tommorrow night and setting the whole lot up. Believe it or not that suspension is raised at the back from when it was first put on, but has to come up some more!

Chris

srs1
27-06-05, 11:29 PM
you always say that chris.

needs to come up more!

ANDYRACER
27-06-05, 11:29 PM
I never knew the nova Avo items were coilover at the back. I thought it was jsut the front ones??

Chris
27-06-05, 11:30 PM
nope, I can vouch for them being rear coilovers, Riggy is running them aswell and Benji and Dan

Chris

ANDYRACER
27-06-05, 11:37 PM
Oh shit yeh i remember Riggy telling me what he was running when he came to pick the engine mounts up. :oops:

N0V4TAKA
27-06-05, 11:52 PM
looks ace chris i found sumat lower tho

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/novataka/low.jpg

justnovas
28-06-05, 09:15 AM
Looking good mate.
Put some grease on them so you can keep them nice..

Thank you
paul

Jim
28-06-05, 10:05 AM
"Looking Good" Chris :

Jim

Rexy
28-06-05, 10:13 AM
What a shitter...

You wana get that into "PIMP MY RIDE UK" son! they will sort it for ya

:lol:

16vChris
28-06-05, 10:29 AM
Looks nice and low ;)

Sorry chris Quick hijack
put grease on where ? ive just fitted couilovers to mine aswell

Looking good mate.
Put some grease on them so you can keep them nice..

Chris
28-06-05, 10:33 AM
on the strut mate where the threads are so they dont seize up I would imagine. Put gease on to protect them, then when you want to move the ride height, wipe it off, move and re-grease to protect.

Oh and BTW,

A free plug to Paul @ JustNovas who supplied the kit, real fast delivery and well handled, I would recommend. Cheers Paul

Chris

Philsutton
28-06-05, 12:49 PM
looking good, an i bet it isnt all the way down on the back is it?

16vChris
28-06-05, 01:25 PM
cheers chris makes good sense that actually lol

scott.parker
28-06-05, 03:04 PM
Looking good baby :wink: :lol:

Might have to invest in some "new" coilovers now me thinks :P

Lol i have loads of crap to shift now,to many parts kicking around,and not enough money,boot sale i recon :roll:

Scott

delta_mark
28-06-05, 05:59 PM
looks quality m8

Rob77
28-06-05, 09:16 PM
Love it!

The don't come much lower than that!

:+:
Rob

PS: MORE PICS WANTED!

karl Rowntree
28-06-05, 09:41 PM
Your just showing off now Chris!

Looking great mate, and what with your other mods it should be a real weapon around donington :wink: Watch out for the novas Matt! :lol:

Look forward to going in it mate.

Karl

Chris
28-06-05, 09:42 PM
just fitted the front coilovers tonight, they are wound to the bottom and it sits about the same or maybe a little higher on the front, the turn in now seems so quick, feels really responsive. Can wait for my other goodies to go on now. Will be sweet, watch this space

Some nice pics will come at the weekend

Chris

Chris
28-06-05, 09:49 PM
Look forward to going in it mate.
Karl

Will just have to get the 5th point on the harness bolted in ready for Donington, you never know?

:lol:

Chris

scott.parker
29-06-05, 01:26 AM
just fitted the front coilovers tonight, they are wound to the bottom and it sits about the same or maybe a little higher on the front, the turn in now seems so quick, feels really responsive. Can wait for my other goodies to go on now. Will be sweet, watch this space

Some nice pics will come at the weekend

Chris

I almost stuck mine in the hedge driving back when i picked it up from the garage affter the head work was done and the coilovers whent on,the possotive feel on turn in was dubble fold over what it use to be :D :lol:

nice one mate glad your loving it,da da da daa daaar :wink:

Scott

mad-driver
29-06-05, 01:31 AM
Im wanting to do my suspension soon (ish). Alot of my mates so go coilovers but i think they are doing that coz they dont know what they are talking about and just know that coilovers are good

Anyway...I wont be using the car for track use so as far as im concerned the ride will be a bit harsh on the road. Am i better sticking with a good road setup?

ps chris whats it drive like anyway?

scott.parker
29-06-05, 01:37 AM
Mate if your going for road set up then yes just buy some road/race adjustable shock and lowerd spring set up,as coilovers are way to harsh for the soft core drivers :lol: :wink: and everyday use,but i would as i love it :P

Scott

ANDYRACER
29-06-05, 03:16 AM
I reckon you only really need coilovers if you are running a valver or using the car for track days. The best suspension for everyday driving i have come across is Spax psx dampers with g-max 60mm springs. Gave great handling, looked the part and didnt send you in the air on every pot-hole. But i also rate G-max suspension for the ride quality and price.

mad-driver
29-06-05, 10:08 AM
Yea i thought the ride would be too harsh, not that im a soft driver or anything but there you go lol. I think my mate just says go coilovers coz hes been in a car with them on, but doesnt really know when they should be used

Ill stick with a streetline kit or something

Jim
29-06-05, 10:51 AM
I reckon you only really need coilovers if you are running a valver or using the car for track days. The best suspension for everyday driving i have come across is Spax psx dampers with g-max 60mm springs. Gave great handling, looked the part and didnt send you in the air on every pot-hole. But i also rate G-max suspension for the ride quality and price.

I'm curious Andy, how can a 16 year old know what a car is like to drive on a daily basis?

Jim

Chris
29-06-05, 05:45 PM
the advantage of running coilovers is you have endless setup that YOU prefer, not what someone else has designed/made. If you get the decent ones then the shocks are adjustable, ride height is adjustable and you can change the springs for different poundage so you can set them up for how you want it to ride or handle. Me personally will have the suspension setup to a height I want with them on a fairly soft setting as I dont push the car a lot on the road then when I come to a track day it will be hardened up. It would annoy me if it was set hard all the time as it is fairly bumpy, although only as bumpy as a 60mm spax adjustable kit I have had before.

Jim, well said

Andy, I have never met anyone yet who have recommended Spax as the build quality/life isnt very good

Chris

Rick Draper
29-06-05, 06:20 PM
Looking good chris but remember low does not generally mean it will handle that well! With both the rear and the front of the nova that low you have problems with the front lower arms been at totally the wrong angle and the rear beam rake will make the wheel base shorten quite rapidly causing inconsistent handling.

With regard the lad asking about suspension, i have owned most brands of coilovers, avo, leda, gaz and FK and imho the set that is the best value for money is the FK setup.

Chris
29-06-05, 06:30 PM
cheers for the advice Rick, it makes sense :wink: , hopefully in the next couple of weeks it is going to a place to have a full geometry setup done by a company who do mainly race/rally cars so I will take their advice and allow them to do the work.

Chris

Rick Draper
29-06-05, 07:02 PM
cheers for the advice Rick, it makes sense :wink: , hopefully in the next couple of weeks it is going to a place to have a full geometry setup done by a company who do mainly race/rally cars so I will take their advice and allow them to do the work.

Chris

Sounds good. If you want to run the rear that low you need to raise the rear beam mounts up. I have looked into doing this on my nova but have not done anything about it yet as it would mean fabricating totally new chassis legs.