PDA

View Full Version : Respray Costs??

Torroni
26-06-05, 07:44 PM
Hi Everyone...

Can any one give me a rough idea of what it will cost to have a Nova SR fully resprayed? In white if that makes a difference!!

Thanks!!

Adam
26-06-05, 07:48 PM
Depends on the bodyshop, who does the prep work, the quality of the job etc etc.
Just ring some local bodyshops and get some quotes.

Stuart
27-06-05, 08:40 AM
for paint alone you will be looking at about ?250 + VAT if you include primer, thinners, hardener and ofcourse the paint itself.

need about 4 litres of primer
4-5 litres of paint, depending on how many coats you want to do. i got away with a thick 1 coat lol.

labour for prep will be the killer! it took me facking ages to get the car in a rough state to prime etc, and my finish is far far far from concourse!

id say for a decent respray youd be looking at between ?600 and ?1000

Rexy
27-06-05, 10:32 AM
I sprayed my nova (outter shell) using 2k along with my side mirrors and spolier I used less than 2l of paint in fact i still have a fair bit left.

I used a light coat then a heavy coat (2 coats in total) as reccomended.

the paint cost me ?75 a litre, well should of i got 2 litres and a litre of MS hardner for ?65 :D

thats just for the outside tho, if your spraying the inside along with engine bay etc etc etc 4-5l is about right

So in total, it cost me ?65 for a full respray :lol:

hendrix
27-06-05, 12:25 PM
i got my 2k paint for 11.95 a litre :lol:
but lets not talk about spraying as anyone who saw my black(ish) sri will tell u.
About 600quid upwards for a good job really

CP
27-06-05, 09:46 PM
I'd go along with those prices except for rexy's who was a complete jammy git getting his done for ?65 - he's only told you some of the story :P

You may be able to get it done a bit cheaper if you offer to do some of the prep work ie sanding down etc as this is what takes the time and bumps the price up. Best ask the paint shop for advice on what to do as it requires certain procedures and materials to get it sorted to an adequate standard. Removing trim etc etc for them would save a lot on the time as well