PDA

View Full Version : Calling all QED TB owners

Stevo16V
25-06-05, 05:03 PM
Silly question but where do i run the vacuum pipe from the servo to? As it obviously used to run to the inlet manifold that isn't there anymore.

Cheers guys :D

Philsutton
25-06-05, 07:56 PM
im not running tb's but i do have twin 45s an the manifolds are similiar if havent got direct to head tb's. I had to get union thingy tapped into the inlet manifold so i could use the vacum hose.

Stevo16V
25-06-05, 08:07 PM
And if they are direct to head? :?

Philsutton
25-06-05, 08:10 PM
errm not to sure, i would guess you'd need to find room to get it into the throttle body itself somewhere?

Stevo16V
25-06-05, 08:58 PM
Had fears that might be the case, wonder if i can use a vacuum pump like a diesel? Possible 12V pump would be nice!

Aragorn
26-06-05, 12:30 AM
ask the supplier of the direct to head bodies

the tb's should supply vacuum taps incase they are being used with dizzys etc

j1400
26-06-05, 12:16 PM
You just drill and tap no 4 to take the vacum line stud bit, and then chemical metal it in plce and trim it till it doesn't stick in to the inlet tract.

You'll so need to drill and tap the return out of no1 for the coolant system as there is no thread in place.

Austin_Nova16
27-06-05, 10:34 AM
Get yourself a Hockley bias pedel box (no servo). You've obviously got a high specced moter, so it would be a nice addition....

S_Gault
27-06-05, 12:26 PM
drill and tap one body as mentioned above, thats all there is to it

Stevo16V
27-06-05, 05:56 PM
Thought about a trick new pedal box, would be nice. I'll probably end up tapping the TB though.

Cheers lads :D

Aragorn
27-06-05, 07:01 PM
how does running a pedal box compare to running a standard master cylinder with no servo vacuum (ie engine off while towing for instance)

i found the brakes impossibly hard when being towed, how does a pedal box get round this?

Stuart
27-06-05, 07:25 PM
used levers to get mechanical advantage.

id still guess its rather hard to press the pedal, but hey if your nto man enough to drive fast, then your not man enough for the bias box lmao

Aragorn
27-06-05, 07:54 PM
i think i should have a go of someones pedal box equipped car before buying one for ??? and deciding i dont like it ;)

Stuart
27-06-05, 07:57 PM
make one. the bits to do it are only about ?80 Vs ?170ish

CP
27-06-05, 09:36 PM
how does running a pedal box compare to running a standard master cylinder with no servo vacuum (ie engine off while towing for instance)

i found the brakes impossibly hard when being towed, how does a pedal box get round this?

You have definitely got to press much harder but its summink you get used to quite easily - its a question of survival! This won't help anyone on here much but for old timers like me who were driving old Cat tracklayer crawlers at 8 years old, the feel is very similar to their footbrakes lol :roll: .... agricultural is the word :lol: I guess a lot depends on the brake caliper and disc setup as well

S_Gault
28-06-05, 09:45 AM
if you have to press too hard you selected the wrong bore size for the master cylinder.