PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i to 1.4SRi

hendrix
25-06-05, 04:49 PM
Right seeing as im out of work im gonna change my SXi into an SRi using all the bits from my old black one.
was just wondering how easy the conversion was. i have a full sri to strip the parts from so i dont need to buy anything. i kno its a bit of a pain cuz the loom isnt seperate from the interior loom etc.
can i use my sxi driveshafts and how should i do the engine removal i.e. engine and then box leaving in the shafts or do i need to take the shafts out thus needing new cv's and all that
basically i dont really know what im doing but will give it ago!
andy

Ste_Nova
25-06-05, 08:00 PM
swap everything

nova_nutta
26-06-05, 12:14 PM
You will need to swap just about everything

take out the drive shafts from the sri they just pull out the gearbox give them a tug and you wont need new cvs they will be fine. take the engien out with box still on and drop it in your sxi shell. everything is the same as to fitting the engine in the bay. You will need to used your sri fuel pump but the 1.2 tank and lines are fine for the sri. you will need to cut a hole for the ecu to go into the car but thats on easy jon really. The wiring is easy you can use most of your normal nova wires to the alt and starter. You will need to swap the rads over really. also of your car was 4 speed you need to swap the gear linkage. you should do it all in a few hours its a simple jon really