PDA

View Full Version : Insurance dilemma

dan-hipgrave
25-06-05, 09:41 AM
Ive just bought myself a Renault Clio 1.8 16v and when i went to transfer my insurance over from the Nova to the Clio, they (adrian flux) said it would be ?2000tpft. I already have 1 years NCB, and in 2 months time the Nova policy runs out so will have 2 years NCB.

I then checked with Elephant, and they wanted ?1100 to insure me on the Clio with 0 NCB so should i go with them? What happens in 2 months time when the Nova policy runs out and i get 2 years NCB? I dont think i'll be able to use them on the Clio policy until that runs out right?

General Baxter
25-06-05, 10:13 AM
leave your nova policy alone, get your 2NCB off it

start a new with your clio and once you have 1years NCB, but them all together and have 3

I THINK :roll:

Will
25-06-05, 11:27 AM
yes do that, should be able to work it that way....

otherwise get a policy with elephant when the nova one is up cancel that and see what deals u can get with 2 yrs ncb

dan-hipgrave
25-06-05, 12:07 PM
is there such a thing as temporary insurance - like insured on the clio for only 2 months until i have 2 years NCB??

Jack
25-06-05, 12:39 PM
?2000?!?! Is that to replace your current Nova with the Clio? So thats for two months of insurance? That can't be right....??!?

otherwise get a policy with elephant when the nova one is up cancel that and see what deals u can get with 2 yrs ncb
Thats what I'd do ^

If you don't have the ?1100 then do the elephant one monthly and just cancel it when you get the 2yrs NCB from the Nova.

dan-hipgrave
25-06-05, 01:01 PM
All sorted now thanks guys..

After about an hour of phone calls ive got a policy sorted with Elephant - ?1000tpft using 1yr NCB & paying monthly. I asked about them taking into account the 10months i currently have with Flux but they couldnt.

Adrian Flux couldnt do a temporary insurance on the Clio either becuase it was a higher insurance group!!

But anyway its all sorted now, im insured on the Clio, and can start breaking the Nova!!