PDA

View Full Version : Urgent urgent urgent feeckin help needed.

Dod
23-06-05, 10:39 PM
Right, have no compression in my engine, The heads been ported and its got a 1400 SR Inlet Manifold on it. Its spitting shit from around the side of the inlet on Cyl no 2, ie the inlets not covering the port. Do i need a new head, or inlet? What inlet will work as this is a chance to get my 32/34 stuck on.

Snowface
24-06-05, 10:25 AM
if using a 1.2/1.3 head use a 1.3 inlet manifold. on a 1.4sr head use a 1.4sr inlet manifold.

Make sure you got the right gasket and you can't go wrong.

Your engine should have good compression without any inlet manifold on at all, so there is a problem with the head gasket leaking or valves not seated propper or something like that.

Dod
24-06-05, 03:24 PM
its a ported 1400 spi head with an SR inlet and it seems to be spitting shit out the side of it, Like the Inlet isn't sealing the ports. Could it just be the inlet and head gasket? also, would this explain the oil pissing out the back of the engine? I'm told it should be reading at least 190 on the compression test but its getting 70,70,120 and 70 from what i'm told.

mowgli
24-06-05, 11:07 PM
I think your cam timing needs looking at. also what state is the breather in?

Dod
25-06-05, 02:32 PM
The timing was dont, by two different mechanics, no better. The breather should be fine, the whole thing was rebuilt so it should be grand.

Aragorn
25-06-05, 02:39 PM
u really need to be more specific

if there is fuel vapor coming out of the inlet manifold to cylinder head mating face then the gasket is fucked or the head/inlet wasnt properly clean before fitting a new gasket

where is oil pissing from?

if its pissing out a hole in the block its a bit different from it leaking from the rocker cover

u say the timing was done - ignition or cam?

Dod
26-06-05, 01:12 PM
Sorry, the Cam timing was done twice, didn't help it in any way, it was origionally single point, then i swapped the lot for an SR inlet and carb of a 1400. No better. Took it up and down the road a couple of times and messed with the idle on the carb (to get it to idle lower than 2000) No different, although when it warmed up it seemed to have a steady idle, but still around 1500 to 2000rpm. Anyway, the rocker wasn't leaking oil, it seems to be coming from somewhere below the Inlet Manifold and its coming out at a serious rate cuz its left the gravel at the back of me house black. Would i be better sticking a 14sr head and carb and be happy with it?

And just in case you dont know, here's the engine spec.

1400SPi, ported head, new lifters and followers, Kent 270deg Cam, Ashley 4 branck, SS System from 4 branch to STD exhaust, middle box back, (To be replaced with SS items when engine work is done.) K&N filter on 1400 SR carb.
I also have 2 SR engines that would need rebuilding and an XR3 Weber carb.

Aragorn
27-06-05, 12:30 AM
this is a bit confusing with 2 conversations

the heads on 1.4spi and 1.4sr are identical

if theres oil coming out below the inlet manifold its either the head gasket or a core plug?cant u look underneath and see where its coming from

also if your inlet manifold gasket was leaking (ie the bubbling air on the gasket) then it aint gonna idle right

Dod
27-06-05, 09:53 PM
Thanks for your patience Aaragon.

Its not idling right, whenever it gets warm it'll sit between 1200 to almost 2000rpm and move up or down 500rpm. I'll get my mechanic to chance both Gaskets and see what he says then.

Also, would the gaskets explain why it runs shit? I know it sounds like a stupid question but i wanna be sure.