PDA

View Full Version : stick with mk2 headlights or convert to mk1 twin headlights?

jamie gsi16v
23-06-05, 05:00 PM
won some mk1 twin headlights today on ebay and im now not sure weather i wana go from mk2 headlights to mk1 twin headlights? what do u lot think? check my feature to see the car. and if anybodys got a spare min maybe i could be cheeky and ask for somebody to do me a photo shop of it?

Jim
23-06-05, 05:46 PM
Stick with the Mk2 headlights. I've never been keen on the twin headlights on the Nova.

Jim

burgo
23-06-05, 06:20 PM
go back to standard mk1 headlights

p.s. wheres the burgo option ??

Nick
23-06-05, 06:21 PM
jim is correct imo, they look a bit bog-eyed.

the mk1 front end does look a little meaner tho, but the only half decent Quad conversion is the Nova Irmscher grill and morette set

Matt2107
24-06-05, 02:07 PM
I'd personally go for original mk1's but mk2's will be better than twin mk1's

ANDYRACER
24-06-05, 05:45 PM
Seeing as your using a badboy bonnet id stick with mk2 headlights. Badboy bonnets dont look right with quad conversion lights on a nova.

STE Novavanman
25-06-05, 12:18 AM
yeah mk2 twins only ever looked good on the spyders convertables

shy witness
25-06-05, 05:12 PM
in the deffence of the mk 1 quad lights.....................

i had a well modded nova 4 dr salloon and i changed from mk2 lights/guards/indicators etc and went for a mk 1 quadconversion light kit. although it has 2 be said.the quality of the item woznt great -but after a bit of messing about i had it looking good...

i had plenty of comments on the car/lights etc ...and very very few of them were negative...............most people said it looked great...especially the lights............

they said when i woz behind them .they didnt know wot woz following them ha ha-------and 2 b honest .there woz a lot of follwing coz it woz only a 1 litre :oops:

Mel
01-07-05, 01:51 PM
jim is correct imo, they look a bit bog-eyed.

the mk1 front end does look a little meaner tho, but the only half decent Quad conversion is the Nova Irmscher grill and morette set

There is a GTE that drives about round Corby that I happen to like the mk1 twin lights on.

I didn't think I would like them, but they are really nice imo..

Personally, if you have the lights, give it a try, if you don't like the look, you have the spares to put them back on.

Besides..Mk1's ARE the future :wink:

Riggy
02-07-05, 09:32 AM
p.s. wheres the burgo option ??

i agree a poll isnt a poll without the burgo option :lol: