PDA

View Full Version : REAR 1/4

coxie
23-06-05, 03:28 PM
reet well i admit defeat lol ..

after doin all the work i was trying to to fit those custom arches ive now found that mk2 arches due to there size go too high and basically mean either alot of work or some expensive custom style of suspension ..

and bein impatiant i feel its to much work & money for wat i wanted ..

so ive decided to give in lol .. and replace the rear quarters back to standard, put wheels that fit under tham on n keep it clean

but changing the front to a mk1 with sr/gte kit ..

any idea how hard they are to change both rear 1/4 and front lamps etc ?? will they straight swap ??

prices or links to online purchases for rears welcome lol

Dpnova
23-06-05, 03:31 PM
Pics of your effort

coxie
23-06-05, 03:33 PM
oh sorry mate .. they were mk2 golf gti arches crated on to make a round euro effect flaired arch .. but dint work ..

theres a post in here "progress of custom arches " i think .,.

Ste L
23-06-05, 03:33 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111649

here's the wip

coxie
23-06-05, 03:37 PM
cheers ste 8)

Mike.
23-06-05, 07:22 PM
its a shame that mate, those arches were looking great

Nick
23-06-05, 08:20 PM
ahh would have liked to see those arches done properly, alot different !

rear 1/4's aren't too hard, just welding them in + you have to do it correctly as i've seen plenty of bodged rear arches before and they can look terrible if done incorrectly

novamadcars
23-06-05, 11:11 PM
hi coxy mate hows it going? cant belive all that hard work went 2 waste oh well u will eventuly decide how you want your nova 2 look.
well seen as i havent spoke 2 you for a while i thought ill let you no that lastnight sum w**kers bent my drivers door out trying 2 nick the car not 2 much damage i cant fix but im saving up for another nova ha ha as i want somthink alrdy done as i dont have the time 2 finish mine off any ways mate take care hope 2 chat soon

coxie
24-06-05, 08:59 AM
gonna leave the car all alone locked up for a week and decide wat to do with it wen me welder mate gets back ..

may yet finish it .. may put new rear 1/4 on .. think i got a lil fed up with it .

gonna give it a lil time .. will update soon as i decide ....

Matt2107
24-06-05, 01:21 PM
Coxie - Stick with it mate... sometimes i have days when i think i should go out and by a "newer" car but like you said give it a week or so and have another look at it.

I reckon if you could put the extra effort in and pull those custom arches off you'll be a lot happy than if you put it all back to standard.