PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16v wiring

Rob-16v
23-06-05, 10:50 AM
Hello! could anybody help me please?! does anyone know how to wire up the corsa 16v engine loom in to the nova sr loom? its the only thing stopping my car running.

Ben
23-06-05, 02:31 PM
Shouldnt stop the car running as its self contained but the main ones are...

Blue/red fuel pump relay

Green rev counter

Blue temp sensor

the other are mainly diagnostics plug etc and not needed to make car run.

Rob-16v
24-06-05, 11:56 AM
cheers m8.

j1400
26-06-05, 12:20 PM
You'll also need to wire in the immbiliser circuit aswell, did you get the chip form the donor car's key and the transponder on the ign barrell??

without it you'll never get it running.

Rob-16v
26-06-05, 07:29 PM
You'll also need to wire in the immbiliser circuit aswell, did you get the chip form the donor car's key and the transponder on the ign barrell??

argggggggghhhhhh! rite i got spark out of it and fuel pressure in the fuel rail but i dont think that the injectors are opening! can i got the ecu decoded? and how much is it?

jamie gsi16v
26-06-05, 10:30 PM
200 ish for a new ecu or about 100 too get it decoded, if youve got fuel pressure then you should be ok because the injectors work on the same relay as the pump? you got your fuel pipes on the correct way? is it defo metal inlet type x16xe or plastic inlet type c16xe?

Aragorn
27-06-05, 01:02 AM
if its the immobiliser the ECU light will flash when u try to start it

Rob-16v
27-06-05, 11:10 AM
i rang a vaux dealer up and they say you cant decode them,iv got fuel pressue coz im running a diff pump.thanks ppl.

Stuart
27-06-05, 11:28 AM
are you surprised taht vauxhall said you cant decode them?!?!?! otherwise everyone would be gettign decoded ecus and nicking cars lol.

what they meant was "we WONT decode it" its not that you cant get it done, jsut you dont go to vaux for it.

jamie gsi16v
27-06-05, 03:59 PM
whats your engine man light doin? are you not using the original wiring for the pump? take a spark plug out n c if its wet after turning over?

Rob-16v
27-06-05, 05:26 PM
Right i must of done something wrong, all iv wired up is, brown,black,red and red/blue. i dont have it wired to any dash light yet coz i jst want it running(for work).i took the injector rail out and there not pulsing at all. theres a brown/yellow wire and when it goes to earth it make something alive, something like the idle control valve or ing that area.thanks.Rob.

Aragorn
27-06-05, 06:58 PM
connect the management light and see whats happening

the light is your friend

its there to tell you whats happening with the car

connect it and it will tell u what needs fixed

Rob-16v
27-06-05, 07:49 PM
connect the management light and see whats happening

the light is your friend

its there to tell you whats happening with the car

connect it and it will tell u what needs fixed

I aint got no mamagment light have i? its an sr.

Ben
27-06-05, 09:53 PM

Only if its an ecotec, the pre ecotech dont use this system.

And i can get the ECU's decoded for around ?50-75 so its not exactly hard, just need to know someone with a Tech 1 Machine.

Vauxhall cant actually do it as they dont run the right software for it due to insurance, just like they cant remap the ecu to increase fueling and decrease recirc whereas people who buy the software can.

jamie gsi16v
27-06-05, 10:04 PM
ha... ben you quoted me 100 to get mine de mobalised! get sum clocks with an engine man light and wire the green wire to this n c what signal it puts out..

Ben
27-06-05, 10:54 PM
lol the first one i had done was the first one the guy had done on his software and he charged me ?100 but since then he has sussed it and can do them in half the time.

basically charges ?50 p/hour for labour and depends on how long it takes him.

Rob-16v
28-06-05, 11:26 AM
cheer again guys! so i need a tech 1machine? right?
and whos got one of them?

Rob-16v
04-07-05, 07:00 PM
Right, iv jst bought a new ecu with the key and the transponder! can anyone please please help me on the wiring. all i have is the engine loom and not the car loom. how do i wire up the transponder to the ecu?

jamie gsi16v
04-07-05, 07:12 PM
ok you need to get hold of a car loom and totally unpick the dash part of it retrieving all wires that go to the transponder, any black ones are ignition liva brown ones are earth, one goes to veichal speed sensor and one to engine management etc, i would have to look at mine to refresh but you basically need the black 9 pin plug of the end of the dash loom that connects to the 9pin plug on the ecu and the the rectangular plug that goes in the transponder. how much did you pay for that lot? :wink:

Rob-16v
04-07-05, 07:22 PM
ok you need to get hold of a car loom

So i have to use the corsa car loom and i cant use the nova loom?

i payed ?60 for its all, ecu,key and transponder, that good?

jamie gsi16v
04-07-05, 08:23 PM
yeh thats a very good price, you dont need the whole car loom you just need the dash loom with the correct wires and plugs in to connect your transponder to the ecu.

Rob-16v
04-07-05, 10:56 PM
i have the plug for the transponder, can i wire it straight on to the euc?

my haynes manual doesn't show the wiring for it at all.

jamie gsi16v
04-07-05, 11:40 PM
no there will be a little square 9 pin plug coming off your ecu sumwhere, you need to wire your transponder into this, send me an email adress nd il send you a diagram,

Rob-16v
04-07-05, 11:52 PM
Psychobiker1@hotmail.com

Rob-16v
05-07-05, 09:57 PM
no there will be a little square 9 pin plug coming off your ecu sumwhere, you need to wire your transponder into this, send me an email adress nd il send you a diagram,

Cheers for the diagram Jamie, ill have a go at it :? . I hate wiring.

Rob-16v
10-07-05, 02:20 PM
Just got the injectors to fire :D ! gunna try and start it a bit later when the batt has charge, thanks to Jamie for the wiring and everyone who has helped along the way.cheers.Rob.

jamie gsi16v
10-07-05, 11:11 PM
ok mate good luck, let me no how it goes, j

Rob-16v
10-07-05, 11:22 PM
not so gud, the injectors for 3 times each and then jst stop.

ednovasr2
15-07-05, 11:58 PM
if its the immobiliser the ECU light will flash when u try to start it

what ECU light on a nova dash???unless got 16v on in there?
get a remapped ECU (good excuse for more power too!)
with out immoliser in it then have after market one fitted at later date.

ED

joff-turbo-nova
17-07-05, 08:44 PM
Rob popped round my house today and I wired in a diagnostic plug and read the codes with my Sykes Pickavant machine.

There were 4 codes, MAP sensor - now connected , carnk sensor - now fixed, and 2 from a speed sensor??

No speed sensor has been used - where do these splice into the loom?? The engine seems to be holding back and rev limiter seems to cut in at 4000 rpm so I think this may be the problem ??

Any help for Rob would be appreciated.

Joff

ednovasr2
17-07-05, 11:35 PM
from my time working at vauxhall it would seem that the car is running in safe mode which is something that stops it from being worked to piont it could damage the engine thios happens in most case when crank speed sensors die, cam sensors die's or the Idol control valve jams/die gets full of shit!.
#if none of these are present the ecu wont run right, if all these fine then must be a fault which ecu, loom or earth!

I have never fitted or transplanted such and engine these are just what found on standard corsa's, astra's and the odd shit under powered vectra!

Best of luck hope its all gets sorted!

ED :?: