PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust power???

mr_05
22-06-05, 08:41 PM
Hi!!im waiting for a 1400 sr nova and was wondering what would be the best exhaust for it performance wise, i was thinking of an ashley,but ive seen the eurorally exhaust on this page and was wondering which would perform better,both with a 4 to 1 manifold......awaiting your reply cheers :(

Stuart
22-06-05, 09:24 PM
the performance of the exhaust on its own will be negligable. so its your call on that front, ie which is price preffered

Ste L
23-06-05, 12:37 AM
i got a full magnex system on mine, got no complains about it, nice sound, not very loud just about right,

not really noticed any more power though, car feels a bit more driveable though

mad-driver
23-06-05, 09:38 AM
yea i got a magnex on mine but recently added a 4-1 manfiold and boy did it make a difference :o

maxpaine
23-06-05, 10:04 PM
whats the difernce betewen a 4-2-1 and a 4-1, my mecanic sais to me to put a 4-2-1 and not a 4-1.

MC
24-06-05, 07:48 AM
There is very little difference between the two, and I would guess that your mechanic is just repeating what he has read in Max power. The theory is that a 4-1 will give better peak bhp, and a 4-2-1 better mid-range. I n reality the difference as said is negligable, and most 4-2-1 systems give the same peak bhp as 4-1's. What is more important is the length of the primary pipe. Ideally you would want to tune this to your engine but in the real world, just aim for around 30". Most systems are close to this but I have seen some that are far to short.

Magnex make a very good system, but, I would not buy another as they crack regularlyat the manifold.

Ashley are a good budget buy that I would choose, but make sure you clean up the welds at the flange.

MC

Snowface
24-06-05, 10:23 AM
i noticed a massive difference between a 1.4 sr 4-2-1 and a Janspeed 4-1 manifold on my 1.3.

Now i've tried both on the 1.6 there is still a bit less pull between 2.6k and 4k rpm but outside of that range it does pull better.

saying that, when i replace my standard middle box i may notice something else.

mad-driver
24-06-05, 01:19 PM
torque is better on the 4-2-1 coz of longer pipework

maxpaine
27-06-05, 02:35 AM
im in portugal sending things from england its estremely expensivethats the proble i was goig for a inox system 4-2-1 all line complete. and a prepared head whit forge pistons e a trottel bodys system.