PDA

View Full Version : Back to red

hendrix
22-06-05, 05:05 PM
All u guys with red nova's out there....how the fcuk do u get them back to red from that horrible faded pink?? I used some G10 compound which worked for about a week then it went pink again :x
any help would be great cheers
andy

Jack
22-06-05, 05:16 PM
Get Mexico Red then, it NEVER fades :lol:

Adam Moran
22-06-05, 05:37 PM
Hard work tbh

Get it pro mopped and keep polishing it.... like every week lol

Mines been sat outside for months now and its faded :cry:

Jim
22-06-05, 05:47 PM
A mate of mine has a Red *cough* Mk3 Nova (aka a Corsa) and his paint was different shades of red, lol. The best product that he found to restore the colour was from the Meguires range. They do everything you could imagine to keep your car looking it's best. Have a look in your local motor factors, they should sell it. If you have trouble finding the stuff, give me a shout, I know someone who sells it down here, I'm sure they could post it to you, plus they'll be able to recommend which product will be best to use.

Jim

mad-driver
22-06-05, 06:52 PM
T-cut

benji
22-06-05, 07:30 PM
t-cut will get it red again but it will soon be pink if you don't protect it with polish/wax. i use meguires and it really is the best stuff around.

mad-driver
22-06-05, 07:49 PM
yea i meant to say that too, t-cut will bring the shine back but you have to keep polishing it to keep it that way :)

newboytothenova2
22-06-05, 08:32 PM
best product to use is auto-glym paint renovater lasts ages got my car clean n shiney its alot of work tho for best results and its ?5 a bottle and you need 2 give it a try it will look mint its also better than t-cut does cut in to the paint as much ..myb white novas been done 2months and its still clean n shiny just give it a wash a week n its sorted :D

hendrix
22-06-05, 09:50 PM
cheers for all the replies guys
ill have to get some of that meguires stuff. tbh ive never seen it round here before so i may be in touch jim
thanks
andy

ade
22-06-05, 11:40 PM
avoid t cut - youre basically cutting a layer of paint off the surface. Okay for a once over but rub too much and it'll go bliotchy (the paint will be too thin).

The only real cure is a full respray - to restore the paint back to new - paint on young novas is over 13 yrs old now and with current pollution levels is basically fecked!

You can try a combination of renovators or colour waxes as long as you remember to reseal the paink once cut. Use something like Autoglym super resin polish or Megeurs. In this weather (sunny if youre lucky) keep out of direct sunlight and buff weekly...DONT POLISH is direct sunlight especially when paints hot to touch - can damage finish (smears and staining) as the compounds in the wax/polish react with surface...