PDA

View Full Version : injectors

chappers1.3
22-06-05, 12:00 PM
will the c20xe injectors fit the 20ne engine... also would this give any improvement in performance or will they just overfuel.

cheers

Snowface
22-06-05, 09:43 PM
if the engine needs more fuel the ECU will adjust itself. Fitting bigger injectors will make no difference at all.

Until you get to a stage where the standard injectors can't supply fuel as fast as the engine needs (i.e. Big turbo's etc) its a waste of time i believe.

Aragorn
22-06-05, 10:42 PM
larger injectors will simply flood the engine

S_Gault
23-06-05, 09:46 AM
ecu will only adjust at closed loop (ie zero throttle and idle or cruise).

thats why you have a map.

they will fit, but id have to ask why too...

Stuart
23-06-05, 09:49 AM
prehaps he wants to flush the bore of any oil ;) lol

or just to get an extra bit on the spec sheet for no benefit.

wide arch andy
28-06-05, 08:37 AM
hi

fitting bigger injectors does produce more power, a mate put 2.9 ford granada injectors in his 1.4sr nova, after this was done it would sit at 125mph on the motorway allday long,with the standard ones in it would only do 105mph.

I'll be putting some in my valver, should be interesting.

andy.

-tucny-
28-06-05, 08:59 AM
injectors - sr? would that be the sri then? as said the ecu tells the engine what to do eg. how much fuel and air go in the engine etc thats the whole point of an ecu. if different injectors were put in it may just make the fuel flow in easier

Stuart
28-06-05, 09:08 AM
hi

fitting bigger injectors does produce more power, a mate put 2.9 ford granada injectors in his 1.4sr nova, after this was done it would sit at 125mph on the motorway allday long,with the standard ones in it would only do 105mph.

I'll be putting some in my valver, should be interesting.

andy.

pub talk there then lol.
nova speedos are usualy very inaccurate anyway, and as it was more likely to be an SRI than an SR, the ecu merely backed off the excess fuel that the injectors let in.

also you cant just go and pick random injectors from bigger engines, you need to get the flow rates @ different pressures etc to see if you need them lol.