PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 TD???

Nobby
21-06-05, 03:17 PM
Im thinkin of getin 1 of these next purely cus i want a dump valve lol sounds silly but uno . . . but wats the catch with these how quick are they can u jus fit a dump valve by clickin ir hands??? wats the fuel efficeny on them??? :?

Ste_Nova
21-06-05, 05:34 PM
almost as fast as 1.4sr sr.... quicker with a few mods, dv needs switch and valve on acc pedel..... remove all the plastic air boxes in the bay and all but one of the boxes from the exhaust and it will sound and go loads better

Jack
21-06-05, 05:37 PM
:roll:

Marc
21-06-05, 06:40 PM
chipping sounds silly but just add's more power because your torque on the car is good but wtih extra bhp it will go better. once got told the turbo on the nova is good so worth keeping in good nick and they go really weel but never been in one or had one

Stuart
21-06-05, 07:42 PM
ummmm DV's arent really for diesel engines, the boost isnt high enough etc.

cant chip it either as its mechanical injection lol

Marc
21-06-05, 11:12 PM
cant chip it either as its mechanical injection lol
oh didnt know that my bad :oops:

Dod
21-06-05, 11:21 PM
They're very good cars, engines are almost indestructable. You do get DV's for em and the Astra/ Cav 17td engine is a straight swap. The only thing is that they have a week engine mount that nearly always breaks. They are tunable as well. I'd say, go for it!! TD's are the new SRs, well maybe...

ANDYRACER
22-06-05, 12:06 AM
Have a look in the other novas section. If iirc there is a purple nova with a tuned diesel engine. IMO if think they are cracking cars and the engines are really good.