PDA

View Full Version : I'm buying a G reg Automatic 1.1 fiesta.. need a little help

Matt2107
21-06-05, 01:45 PM
I've found a white 1.1 automatic fiesta with MOT till August 16th but no tax (its only done 700miles since its last MOT)

All the tires are legal and there's only a little rust on the back.

The guy who is selling it knows nothing about Automatics and reckons the gear box is shagged. However my gf's dad reckons that the only thing wrong with the gear box is that it needs some oil.

Does anyone know anything about automatics... is there anything particular i should know before i buy it? I've checked all the normal crap like the oil, water cap for gunk blah blah blah.

I've tried turning it over and it sounds ok but it wont start.

His asking price is ?50 (thats not a typo) I'm gonna buy it as a run around while I'm just finishing off my GTE.

Rexy
21-06-05, 01:52 PM
PMSL ?50...

Just buy it to kill.

ANDYRACER
21-06-05, 02:11 PM
For 50 quid id buy it anyway. You can break it for more than that. :lol:

Matt2107
21-06-05, 02:13 PM
The body work is pretty mint, a couple of rust patches that are just on the surface.

Its white so I'm gonna paint them up with a spray can and sell it when my GTE is finished.

Its only done 61,000 miles

dunova
21-06-05, 03:36 PM
Sorry to be mean, but imo fiesta's are like washing machine's on wheels. They really are the wankest car ever made. And a 1.1 automatic, he'd have to pay me to take it away :lol:

On the bright side I suppose there is the breaking possibility!

As for the g/box, i wouldn't have thought that after 61K it would be fecked, although the old auto's can tend to be a complete pain in the arse.

I've tried turning it over and it sounds ok but it wont start
If you cant even start the thing how do you know it's okay? Do you know why it wont start? Not fueling? Not sparking?

To be honest mate, for a run around i think you'd be better off spending a little bit more and getting something that runs and has a working gearbox, because otherwise you wont be buying a run around you'll be buying a shed with wheels.

Philsutton
21-06-05, 04:57 PM
when you get it started find the nearest one of these then run head on into it.
http://www.us202.com/Pages/700/wall(brick).gif

Matt2107
23-06-05, 01:41 PM
I know fiesta's are wank but i think this is a good deal, even if i finish my GTE in a month I could either sell on the Fiesta or break it.

I think that it wont start because the battery's probably flat, enough juice to turn it over but not enough for it to fire.