PDA

View Full Version : Got me a job - update

hendrix
20-06-05, 05:12 PM
After a great trip to amsterdam, i decided it was time to sort out a job!
Anyway started today at the steelworks in scunny on the medium section mill just being a general lacky. Hoovering up oil :o also moving some guys office into another building. Its ok tho, only did about 4hrs work in 8 and a half hours, everyone is well laid back.
Its only temporary till i can find something with physics....
andy

Philsutton
20-06-05, 05:15 PM
im currently looking for another part time job and been turned down from tesco, the wankers lol.
I not looking forward to finding a proper job as thats going to take me years.

srs1
20-06-05, 05:16 PM
well done fella.

does this mean the xe might be on the cards again.

just dont waste your money on tat this time. you also have 3 months to save for next season victorious wins by liverpool.

hendrix
20-06-05, 05:22 PM
yep the xe will be full steam ahead once ive been on holiday with chelle (she wont let me do the valver unless she gets a holiday lol :lol: ). Need to sort out a shell now ahem...phil!!
andy
Cant wait for the new footy season either, another european assault! Infact im watchin the game now on video :lol:

Philsutton
20-06-05, 05:24 PM
yep well i got price for getting up yours an that now. Just let me know when an we can sort the bad boy out. :D

mad-driver
20-06-05, 05:31 PM
im currently looking for another part time job and been turned down from tesco, the w**k lol.
I not looking forward to finding a proper job as thats going to take me years.

how old are u then phil? coz u say ur after a part time job and ur profile says ur a student. so how come u have (or did have) a 2 litre nova!!?

Philsutton
20-06-05, 05:35 PM
i still have a 2lt nova, and building my V8 at the time. I used to work nights but im in the process of losing my job there, i do part time work at justnovas also.
Im 20 only 1 year to go until i get out of this shit hole

mad-driver
20-06-05, 05:47 PM
ahh rite, just wondered coz i know a 2 litre is out of my reach lol

Nick
20-06-05, 06:54 PM
lol @ phil "trying to loose my job"

Dave
20-06-05, 11:59 PM
i started my new job today (monday)
mucho fun starting in the middle ranks of the corporate ladder so either fall down it or go up few more rungs!

Matt2107
21-06-05, 01:21 PM
Is the pay any good Hendrix

I've been told yesterday that I may be given my own area for Sales Rep'in which means commission.

Dpnova
21-06-05, 01:32 PM
i started my new job today (monday)
mucho fun starting in the middle ranks of the corporate ladder so either fall down it or go up few more rungs!

same for me ive been here a few months now but ive never really had a job where im above people, and its a bit strange when there all 30 ish and im 20 lol

Stuart
21-06-05, 01:43 PM
woo hoo i "won" myself the job of lead engineer on the Landrover Defender engine upgrade project. yay

no payrise bar the usual 6 monthly jobbie but hey its all good.

ANDYRACER
21-06-05, 01:54 PM
Your not the only ones who have to find a job now. Ive left school now and have to find a full-time job or my dad's going to kick me out :evil:

sickrabbit
21-06-05, 06:29 PM
I,ve been looking for another job for yonks.........

worst thing is all the employment in Bedford has a wage similar to that paid in the 50s........ :evil:

STE Novavanman
21-06-05, 06:50 PM
the only reason you didnt get accepted at tescos is cause you had a blue burberry cap on and an england football shirt and adidas copy black leggings and reebok classic chromes.

hendrix
21-06-05, 08:02 PM
Is the pay any good Hendrix

pay is pretty sh!t cuz its agency (?5.39/hr) but its cash which i need lots of!! Its only something temporary as i say until i find something where i can use my degree :roll:

Alex
21-06-05, 09:01 PM
Hmm agency pay for skilled work can be VERY good.

Jack
21-06-05, 10:55 PM
Is this you?

http://www.talkingtree.com/gallery/mexico/1999/San_Miguel_de_Allende_Mexico_104_Street_Sweeper.jp g

:lol:

Stuart
22-06-05, 07:59 AM
hendrix, your not controlling the agency very well there ;) remember your the boss of the agency, dont ever let them think they are your boss. Your doing them the favour to get them money in etc. so money is very negotiable ;)

i remember being paid ?8 an hour to sweep up in a clean factory lmao.

try looking on www.gojobsite.co.uk for "relevant" jobs to your degree. But ill put ?10 on you not getting a properly relevant job for atleast 12 months. Alex and I know this ballache time oh to well lol.

hendrix
24-06-05, 05:06 PM
well that lasted along time, the agency just rang me up and said "ur not needed next week and we havent found u anything for next week". Great....so now im jobless again with a million and one fuckin bills to pay. It was a crap job but i was enjoyin it cuz the people i worked with were all good geezer, had a good laugh etc. Its just well disappointing cuz i cant afford to do anymore valver stuff and cant afford to pay all the bills. It wouldnt have been so bad if the agency had told me yesterday, would have given me time to sort something else out for monday but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo leave it till 4:30 on a friday not giving me any chance to sort a job for monday
/off rant

ANDYRACER
24-06-05, 05:15 PM
Thats because you were working for wankers. :roll:

Dpnova
24-06-05, 05:18 PM
sorry to hear the fella, all the best for getting a new one

epo
24-06-05, 06:02 PM
ring the agency up on monday and ask them if they have anything else

the agenys ive worked for have always tried there best to find summat else