PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 8v.....what do i need........

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 02:05 PM
if anyone can help me i have a highly modified 1400 SRI and want more power. dont wantt to get a valver but do want a 2.0 8v what parts extra do i need and what to do to my car to make it fit and run......

can i use my box, mounts, shafts etc....

help much appreciated.

look in sri for my nova coming soon........ 23.06.05 very very very clean car sill original paintwork, no bleaching and no rust.....

Snowface
20-06-05, 02:09 PM
its only really worth putting in the 2.0 8v if you use the 20SEH 130bhp one from an SRi. Have you thought abou putting in a 1.6? maybe a 16v?

Or if your dead set on 2.0 then get a 16v.

mad-driver
20-06-05, 02:11 PM
its only really worth putting in the 2.0 8v if you use the 20SEH 130bhp one from an SRi. Have you thought abou putting in a 1.6? maybe a 16v?

Or if your dead set on 2.0 then get a 16v.

but wouldnt the SEH 130 engine be just as good in a nova as the XE? i know the XE is a brill engine but wouldnt it weigh a bit more than the SEH? which is also a good motor

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 02:13 PM
ive pushed and pushed and pushed the power out of my 1400 and its running a respectable 147bhp proven..... i was told that you can tune a 1600 to more power than an 8valve because of the compression but want to know more....

i dont want a 2.0 16v because they are too comon want something faster but when you pop the bonnet it dont look much. sold my engine so need a replacement

Snowface
20-06-05, 02:18 PM
20SE/NE? 115bhp
20SEH 130bhp
20XE 155bhp

Modded 1.6SE 130-150bhp+
Modded 1.6XE 140-200bhp+

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 02:30 PM
20SE/NE? 115bhp
20SEH 130bhp
20XE 155bhp

Modded 1.6SE 130-150bhp+
Modded 1.6XE 140-200bhp+

is the latter one the corsa GSI one

mad-driver
20-06-05, 02:31 PM
yep

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 02:38 PM
so what am i gonna need for that engine......

mad-driver
20-06-05, 02:40 PM
which one? The 2.0 SEH?

ANDYRACER
20-06-05, 02:43 PM
Well if you want a 2.0 8 valve. You need:
engine (i have one for sale)
new mounts
gearbox
driveshafts
engine bay strengthing
coilovers or stronger front springs

1.6 16v. You need:
Engine
gearbox
engine bay strenghting
coilovers or stronger front springs

The 1.6 fits the standard 1.4 mounts plus you will have better handling with the 1.6 but are alot harder to find.

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 02:47 PM
I HAVE SPAX UPRATED SUSPENTION AND SPRINGS. WILL THAT COPE....

I PROB WILL GO FOR THE 1600 COS ITS FAR RARER AND IS LIGHTER

WHAT BOUT INLET AND EXHAUST... WILL MY 4 BRANCH FIT.... CAN I PUT MY INLET MANIFOLD ONTO THE 1600

DO YOU JUST NEED THE ENGINE BAY SEAM WELDED OR WILL I HAVE TO GET A HARRY HOCK.. KIT

ANDYRACER
20-06-05, 02:51 PM
Well type of spaxs you got? ssx,psx, rsx?
Seam welding will be fine, but for extra strength get the kit.
And are we talkin about the 1.6 8 valve or 16v?

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 03:01 PM
IM GONNA TRY FOR THE 1600 16V. if not then the 8v gsi nova lump. i know how to work them like the back of my hand.....

mad-driver
20-06-05, 03:04 PM
IM GONNA TRY FOR THE 1600 16V. if not then the 8v gsi nova lump. i know how to work them like the back of my hand.....

sounds a good choice, i would very much like one in mine. may i just ask how u managed 147bhp out of ur 1400 sri? it was the 8v right?

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 03:11 PM
lots and lots of money and servere engine work everything has been done from uprated and oversized pistons to different conrods and bottom end bearings. the whole engine was blueprinted before i started. i wanted to make it the fastest 1400 but it will be too unstable with nitrous or webbers would like them but want to keep the engine from blowing up if you see what i mean. i will have to put a souldclip up. or a video link and i will show you what it goes like....

mad-driver
20-06-05, 03:14 PM
lots and lots of money and servere engine work everything has been done from uprated and oversized pistons to different conrods and bottom end bearings. the whole engine was blueprinted before i started. i wanted to make it the fastest 1400 but it will be too unstable with nitrous or webbers would like them but want to keep the engine from blowing up if you see what i mean. i will have to put a souldclip up. or a video link and i will show you what it goes like....

yea do that i love videos of other peeps motors 8)

Stuart
20-06-05, 03:21 PM
so you got 147bhp without T40's ?

what intake did you use?

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 03:23 PM
hopefully my car will be up either tommorow or wednesday take a look and i will bet you fifty quid that it is the cleanest original car on here apart from 17" wheels lowered -60mm it is absolutely standard i am very proud to be the owner of it and it will take a hell of a lot of money to sell it if you get what i mean...lol

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 03:31 PM
its a modified version of the standard item with uprated injectors... all of the inlets have been machined and polished to fit exactly with the block

Stuart
20-06-05, 03:34 PM
and which RR did you get the power reading from?

im not "doubting" your engines output as 100bhp/litre is "the norm" these days but it usaully requires an ITB/T40 carb approach (or a big ole turbo lol)

What rpm is peak power?

EUROTURBO
20-06-05, 03:37 PM
it was a place in erith, kent called apollo autos.... they jus got rid of it so i am gonna have to find another decent place to tune my car.....

i will have a look tonight because i am at work and i will put the full reading on here not too sure bout the rpm but will let u no....

C-S_Cormac
20-06-05, 10:00 PM
i like your idea here mate,, good to see people going away for the norm of a 2L 16V. Ive got a c20ne in my nova, sum may ask why an ne well the bottom end is completely the same as the seh, im running a 1.8 GTE astra head with manta 1.8s carb, was rolling roaded at 132bhp so sum may say why not just get a seh but the thrust of the twin choke carb is something else, Keith robinson knows what i mean he's had a run in her..

Ive the head off her now tho as im going down the T40-cam-flowed seh head route, im hoping for around 160 bhp mark when done... alot of money being spend just to be different tho,, could have had a xe for less money.. ah well :D

EUROTURBO
21-06-05, 09:14 AM
EXACTLY. i aggree totally i may have spent more money that a valver conversion and people may doubt the power readings but to see my car keep up with 2.0 corsas and novas and only hills slow it down a bit is a feet for a 1.4

when they look under the bonnet they expect a big engine with twin 40's due to the noise but when you show them a 1.4 they are just as gobsmacked as if it was a 2.0.....

:) :D :) :D

Aragorn
21-06-05, 11:10 AM
are u using mappable management and solid lifters in that 1400?

your gonna need a high 8000+rpm rev limit, solid lifters and 320 degree cam to get any where near 147bhp on the original EFI manifold, even those mods with ITB's or DCOE's would be pushing things imo

there aint no way you'd be getting that power from the standard management without a unichip at the very least

have u had it on a 1/4 mile at all?

EUROTURBO
21-06-05, 12:05 PM
the management system is totally new and is a hybrid that was completed by the previous owner.. will chase out the paper work and update the engine spec. that is only half the way to the true spec list but jus wanted everyone to see it...

trust me on this doubters beware

Stuart
21-06-05, 12:42 PM
i didnt want to say anything kev lol i didnt want to be the first to pop his bubble lol.

but 147 @ near std peak power rpm is a bit "far fetched"

EUROTURBO
21-06-05, 12:48 PM
im not here to lie. im here to show off my car and the money that i and the previous owner together have spent has got the reading you see on a rolling road. "far feched" it may be but true it is. i will prove it to you when the graph goes up. trust me i know my own car.....

its no crappy "k&n filter and exhaust" sort of car. serious amounts of money have been spent getting the results you see.

Stuart
21-06-05, 12:50 PM
i dont doubt the graph you have.

but the RR that got it might have over read ;)

EUROTURBO
21-06-05, 12:54 PM
all i was given was a piece of paper with my name on it my car and 147bhp what else can i say....

i was well chuffed to see it running that quick

maybe it did over read but then it would only be out by 1 or 2 bhp which still is respectable for a 1.4

Aragorn
22-06-05, 10:25 AM
133lbft of torque from a 1400 is only possible with some SERIOUS amount of tuning

think spending 10k on the engine and u'd be getting close

im not trying to be an arse or anything but the figures your quoting for the work youve done just dont add up, and we're not talking 1 or 2 bhp out we're talking 20-30bhp out

if u actually gave some proper information on the real components u have fitted then we'd have a better idea, so far uve said its been blueprinted and had a rebore, neither of which will give any real power increase, uve also said uve changed the conrods which is fair enough and would be required for a 140bhp 1400 but only becuase u'd be needing to rev it to around 8k to get 140bhp, not 6400rpm. uve not even mentioed the cam profile your running and looking at the peak power figures its not that much wilder than the standard unit

as for the "hybrid" management what does it say on the box? "DTA" or "MBE" etc

without a blower its nearly impossible to get 133lbft from a 1400 8v motor at 4500rpm and u dont have one.

theres folk on here that build race engines and know what they are talking about when it comes to high power motors, we're not trying to say your lying, just that the readouts you have are not accurate

its VERY easy for a bent RR operator to fiddle figures because they know how the equipment works and u could make a perfectly calibrated machine overread by a large amount just by moving some sensors around

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/Gotchas.htm#RR

have a read of that and you'll understand a bit more as he's got some ace info and real world numbers