PDA

View Full Version : injection fuel tank question

nova ian
20-06-05, 02:04 PM
hey people, i am fitting a gte engine and am replacing the fuel tank and putting the external fuel pump on.

can i use a 1.4sri tank and fuel pump? is this the same tank and pump that comes on a gte/gsi anyway?

any help appreciated.

cheers. ian

Lee
20-06-05, 03:21 PM
as long as the tank is designed for an injection engine, and you have metal fuel lines you'll be fine, but id replace the pump to get the correct feed to the engine. My XE is running from a 1.0 fuel tank and i had to use a duel pump system and swirl pot to eliminate fuel cuts around corners.

Aragorn
20-06-05, 09:57 PM
all newer injected vauxhalls have nylon fuel lines

its only the old plastic ones in brown/yellow that shouldnt be used with an injected engine

1.0 tank has no return so is a very bad idea with any kinda electric pump

carb tanks would need a low pressure lift pump and external swirl pot to eliminate surge

but as long as its an injection tank and has the correct MPI pump then you'll be fine

Lee
20-06-05, 11:28 PM
1.0 tank has no return so is a very bad idea with any kinda electric pump

Weird, mine had a return!?

Chris
20-06-05, 11:47 PM
1.0 tanks do have a return, they are blocked off though with the 40hp monster of an engine in place

justnovas
21-06-05, 02:03 AM
cruisindude
Yes a 1.4 SRi tank & pump will do you the job mint.
1.0 tanks do not have a return.

Aragorn
21-06-05, 08:53 AM
yer my 1.0 tank defo only had one outlet

there was nothing at all where the other outlet would be on a 1.2 carb tank as i fitted a 1.2 carb tank in its place and ran that for nearly a year with a GTE external pump bodged onto it, worked fine till only 2 gallons left after which it would die all the time on corners due to lack of swirl pot

perhaps someone had baught a replacement tank for your car and just used a 1.2 one?

nova ian
23-06-05, 10:15 AM
thanks everyone :D