PDA

View Full Version : Safety Devices Roll Cages gone bust !!!!

fearless
19-06-05, 10:46 PM
The official line from Safety Devices is that they went into administration last Wednesday.

EuroRallye were asked to buy their entire stock of Nova 6 point bolt in cages at a discount price which prompted them to suspected that things were not good !!!!!

So If your after a cage - strike whilst the iron is hot and get one before supply beats demand !!!!

http://www.eurorallye.co.uk/

Dave

Ben
19-06-05, 10:53 PM
Dont suppose you know who bought the Corsa Stock lol

m.d.
19-06-05, 11:02 PM
that will mean a hike in buisness for people like OMP then, i think they are the other main manufacturer anyway

srs1
19-06-05, 11:07 PM
does any one have the email address to safety devices, i wanted some new stickers from them, going to paint my cage up blue.

the cages are 30% discount at 347 inclusive of vat.
with rear diaginol.
doesn't state if its a sun roof model or not.

MARTIN KELSON
20-06-05, 03:05 PM
Mate of mine had ordered one for his 106 rallye.
Gonna av a long wait now!!!!!

krobinson
20-06-05, 05:46 PM
I'm just home, and they are closed, so cant ring!

Does there 6 point cage go throught the dash?

Keith

Philsutton
20-06-05, 05:48 PM
^^ it goes through the front of the heater grill bits, so yes it does go into the dash.

Mike.
20-06-05, 07:53 PM
bolloxs they go bust when i'm skint lol :lol:

Adam Moran
20-06-05, 08:21 PM
^^ it goes through the front of the heater grill bits, so yes it does go into the dash.

um..... no it doesnt

It sits tight on the side heater grills on the mk2 dash bit more room with the mk1 dash

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/novaaj/3.jpg

Dave
20-06-05, 11:16 PM
does any one have the email address to safety devices, i wanted some new stickers from them, going to paint my cage up blue.

will see if i can get down there tomorrow lunchtime and have an ask about see if i can get some for you

Chris
20-06-05, 11:22 PM
agreed adam, just sits tight to the vents. I cant move the dials or the vents in mine, but then again I have no pipwork running to them lol

Chris

Mark T
21-06-05, 07:40 AM

They will be for NON sunroof'd cars as they are FIA approved

scott.parker
21-06-05, 11:26 AM

And from adam's pic it looks like all you will lose is the use of the slide back on the sunroof,can still have it so it pop's up..

Scott

Ben
21-06-05, 11:31 AM

And from adam's pic it looks like all you will lose is the use of the slide back on the sunroof,can still have it so it pop's up..

Scott

They dont fit each other, if you buy the non sunroof version it wont go in a car with sunroof.

Also Mine went through the dash as well.

scott.parker
21-06-05, 11:57 AM
Ah well feck it i will just get mine custom built to fit in with my s,roof.

Dave marshel told me of a place that makes some.

Scott

Ben
21-06-05, 12:00 PM
If you remove nigh in everything except the glass i think they do squeeze is as jon Ladley done this but not sure what cage he used.

Lee H
21-06-05, 12:03 PM
If you have a tilt/slide sunroof the Fabricage one will fit that used to supply Courtenay, its very tight to the roof as well. SD one won't go in as the sliding mechanism takes up a lot of room.

scott.parker
21-06-05, 12:19 PM
If you have a tilt/slide sunroof the Fabricage one will fit that used to supply Courtenay, its very tight to the roof as well. SD one won't go in as the sliding mechanism takes up a lot of room.

Hi Lee i met you at PV i was talking to you when martin kelson was with me,yeah that the company dave told me about think there near cambridge?

Scott

Lee H
21-06-05, 12:26 PM

Hi Lee i met you at PV i was talking to you when martin kelson was with me,yeah that the company dave told me about think there near cambridge?

Yeah, think they are somewhere down that way, its that long since I bought it now and since i drove the car I can't remember. Think the full cage was about ?350 delivered, including the door bars.

Scott

James1
22-06-05, 06:16 PM
doesn't say anything on their web site?

Dave
23-06-05, 01:38 PM
sean need to know what sort of stickers you want??!
just been down there is like a ghost town but few people about if you look hard enough!
if you let me know i'll sort them out

Jonlem
23-06-05, 07:49 PM
Personally I think Eurorallye are taking the piss big time

?347 for a 6 point cage which they say already has 30% discount!

funny that my mate brought a SD cage direct from them b4 they closed down and paid ?340!

No idea who is doing there pricing at Eurorallye but there out to make a quick buck it seems

benji
23-06-05, 08:33 PM
have you checked to see the 30% is already included in the price?

Jonlem
24-06-05, 07:21 PM
The 30% is icluded in the price, the guy from Eurorallye emailed me,

apparently I've been told the prices went up as of Jan 05 due to teh steel becoming more expensive :(

benji
24-06-05, 08:06 PM
i got mine at the old price. when i ordered it from euro rally i asked how come they were cheaper than SD and he said he had bought a load at the old price and he didn't want to rip off his customers. nice guy really, he could of easilly sold them on at the higher price

Dave
27-06-05, 05:42 PM
went down there today only one bloke on the whole site and he's the administrator lol

he said there is a good possibility of them being brought out didn't say by who though

Dave
12-07-05, 12:59 PM
been down there about 10 mins ago an had a word with the administrators and things are strongly looking like the company will be brought out so possibility of them returning to trading!

and sean got your stickers finally!

srs1
12-07-05, 09:22 PM
fantastic dave, you are my hero

RJM25R
01-08-05, 11:08 PM
i believe they have been bought out now. moving production to the far east, but keeping r+d in britain.....