PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 - 1.3. Borin out to 1.4. What problems may I have?

ogginz
19-06-05, 09:32 PM
I'm one of those lucky guys who has a 1.0 lump of an engine 8) . I've got a 1.3 with the driveshafts which im gettin boared out, polishing the head etc. I really havent got a clue about engines so thats why im postin this! What else can I get done which will increase performance, and what new parts will I need (Bigger fuel pump etc.)?
May there be any other problems I could face when I eventually put it in?
All replies will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

Oh yer, im sure I saw a topic once which was about a 1.3 turbo or sumthing :wink: ?

General Baxter
19-06-05, 09:36 PM
Oh yer, im sure I saw a topic once which was about a 1.3 turbo or sumthing :wink: ?

woo im known :wink: :lol:

dont do it ;)

ogginz
19-06-05, 09:39 PM
Oh yer, that was you! hehe. Was it hard to do, and did it cost much? I'm VERY intrested!!!!

General Baxter
19-06-05, 09:40 PM
Was it hard to do, and did it cost much? I'm VERY intrested!!!!

bahahahaahaahahaahahaa falls of chair, sorry not very helpfull

ogginz
19-06-05, 09:46 PM
.......ok, thanx for that :?

mad-driver
19-06-05, 10:02 PM
what baxter's saying is he came into difficulties, and he perhaps got bored lol :D

General Baxter
19-06-05, 10:04 PM
what baxter's saying is he came into difficulties, and he perhaps got bored lol :D

well erm............ difficulties, well after i got mr winky stuck in my turbo, i had to have my nob removed as it was truly stuck in it,

and i got bord so i stuck my nob in it

god im so bord :roll:

Nick
19-06-05, 10:16 PM
increasing the displacment has a link to increase in torque, but it won't give you masses of BHP.

Best bet for BHP is to lay your hands on a pair of Dellorto's or Webbers (40') and a manifold to suit. Following that a cam and maybe invest a few ?100's in some decent headwork (big valves e.t.c)

After that , if your wanting a more "revvy" engine, you could splash some cash in the direction of lightening and balancing e.t.c

Dod
19-06-05, 10:49 PM
Following that a cam and maybe invest a few ?100's in some decent headwork (big valves e.t.c)

What kind of Valves, ones from a bigger Vx or performance ones? I'm looking to up the power in my 1400 now its going to be rebuilt.

Stuart
20-06-05, 08:22 AM
my lowly 1200 has 1.6 valves (although they are 1.2 length so cost mroe) fitted to the head, with appropriate headwork.

mad-driver
20-06-05, 10:42 AM

well erm............ difficulties, well after i got mr winky stuck in my turbo, i had to have my nob removed as it was truly stuck in it,

and i got bord so i stuck my nob in it

god im so bord :roll:

LMAO

Dod
20-06-05, 11:22 PM
my lowly 1200 has 1.6 valves (although they are 1.2 length so cost mroe) fitted to the head, with appropriate headwork.

Not an exact fit then, where abouts would you go to get the 1600 ones modified to work Stu?

I wanna go Civic Hunting!! :twisted:

Stuart
21-06-05, 08:01 AM
you would need to go to a decent engine builders/enigineers place with a 1.6 valve and a 1.2 valve and ask for the same size head as the 1.6 but same valve seat - stem top length as the 1.2 valve.

im sure you can get them wasited etc but mine arent due to the revs and cam profile i want, needing as much metal on the stem as possible lol.