PDA

View Full Version : dash speakers

1400_sri
19-06-05, 02:14 PM
how do you get these ones out as ive been trying for a long time without any success, also am i right in saying that they are 4" and any upgraded 4" speakers should fit?

any help appreciated

newboytothenova2
19-06-05, 05:23 PM
hi mate wot dash have you got. m1 or mk2

if its a mark 2 take the glove box out ansd twist the original speaker out,.you can do this just by removing the air vent but its tricky if u have big hands lol.. the drivers side take the air vent out and twist the speaker out..sony do perfect fit dash speakers that fit the nova not alot of cash n make a difrence.. if its a mk1 its alot more work but neva owning 1 i carnt give advise but looking on ere most people stay clear of removing them

boredbloke
19-06-05, 07:43 PM
MK1's were a pain in the arse imo, do the same to begin remove the glove box, the speaker is held in with 4 screw iirc

to do the drivers side you need to go through the fuse box hole meaning u need to move it aside it isn't the esiest job in the world and replacing them is even more tricky

1400_sri
20-06-05, 09:28 PM
yeh it is a mk2, but how do you remove the glove box? is it an easy job or a pain?

epo
24-06-05, 05:49 PM
glove box is dead easy just undo about 6 or 7 of the bolts with a 10mm socket iirc

19-NoZ-19
25-06-05, 02:17 AM
i think its an 8mm socket you will need to undo them mate and theres about 6 of them :D

rick

epo
25-06-05, 11:54 AM
i think its an 8mm socket you will need to undo them mate and theres about 6 of them :D

rick

sounds about right been a while since ive played with a nova

sickrabbit
25-06-05, 11:51 PM
can be a beggar if you,ve big paws ...i did this a while back ..pulled off the dash speaker covers , then undo the air vents at the side , once free push the air vent location into the dash , reach up inside grip the speaker turn it and out it pops...i used pioneers 4 inchers to replace but before i fitted em i sprayed the back of em ( magnet only - doh ) with carpet glue and stuck a small " bung " of sponge on the back , just to keep things insulated and snug. The real hard bit was fitting em in , i had to cut some of the cardboard location away so the speaker was free to vibrate with no contact but once it was done i held the lot in tight with the help of a bradle and zip ties -all wired up and hidden under original covers ....connecting the air vent was a beggar but with a push n shove mated up as tight as a duck.
good luck and watch yer knuckles .......

STE Novavanman
26-06-05, 01:17 PM
i got mine out of my mk2 by removing the top cover of the grill and yanked them out i think you can get them out without removing the glove book by getting your hand up behind it on drivers side take das out and slide across piece of pizza

ANDYRACER
26-06-05, 04:17 PM
Just dont bother with the dash speakers and fit door speakers.

STE Novavanman
26-06-05, 07:39 PM
Lazy fook

ANDYRACER
26-06-05, 07:43 PM
Na clever get.

STE Novavanman
26-06-05, 09:49 PM
lazy clever fook

NoVa_BaD_BoI
30-06-05, 05:47 PM
easy ppl right i just cant b arsed wiv all da fuss of replaceing the dash speakers but im jus finkin is there goin 2 b as much hassle fittin door speakers as there is no wires goin 2 my doors in my 1.2 merit !!!! o yes the speed this fing is unbeliveable haha !!! :D

Nick
30-06-05, 06:09 PM
^^^^ concentrate on your spelling and grammer then try again.

i think people might be more helpful then

NoVa_BaD_BoI
30-06-05, 11:35 PM
right ok then i will type properly if i can im sorry that i got a F in english because of my spelling and grammer i would like some help with my earlyer post thanks oh n i was trying 2 save time by typeing short hand and the way i type is the way i talk i talk in slang so i type in short hand because short hand is slang ok :!: :!: :!: right ive sed my bit :!:

Cassie-Nova
04-07-05, 11:44 PM
I was considering fitting speakers into the dash mate but decided door card speakers would be easier - fit slightly bigger speakers in there to!

Posted this as a reply to some one else asking about door speakers a while ago - may be worth putting it as a sticky for future questions?

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=108029&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hope that helps!

Jim