PDA

View Full Version : Why why why why

boredbloke
17-06-05, 10:03 PM
why did i bother to take my engine apart....

I just thought hmmm seems like a good idea, it looked right manky, oily and has some sticky shit on it so i'll just take the lump out (can't be that hard,) clean it up n put it back in job done

......er .....yea

spent an hour and a half managed to get the top half of the lump out and a few other bits but thas about it.

Just now I have the worst feeling i have no chance of puttin it back together correctly.

What can i actually do wrong when i put it back together?

Dod
17-06-05, 10:20 PM
You could put it in Upside down, thats not good, or bolt it in wrongg, again not good.....

Mate, its far handier to be lazy like me, just get a mechanic to do it, welcome to the lazy side Luke, er, i mean Bloke.

Aragorn
17-06-05, 11:43 PM
basically the only 2 tricky bits are the torqueing of the head bolts which u will require a torque wrench for

and the fitting of the timing belt

touching the timing belt means disturbing the water pump so i'd recommend replacing it, or at very least replacing the seal

you will also require new head bolts and new head gasket and probably new in and exh gaskets too (would be worth simply buying a head set)

remember this tho, it must be kept unscrupulously clean, the bores, mating faces etc all must be TOTALLY free from any debris when reassembling

if u dont have a haynes manual get one and follow it

Fester
17-06-05, 11:53 PM
Also when using a torque wrench make sure you stop torquing when it clicks as this is the signal that you have reached your pre-set torque level :wink: 8)

Dod
18-06-05, 12:31 PM
Yeah like i said, get a Mechanic to do it! :lol:

anothernovagirl
18-06-05, 02:46 PM
It's not that hard to put it back together...if i can do it I'm sure you can. Just grab yourself a manual or better still get a mate round that knows something about engines. Make sure though they you don't try cleaning EVERYTHING...some things are meant to be dirty for a reason

Dod
18-06-05, 08:42 PM
Men are like parking spaces....

Thats soooo sexest, I'm really offended by that, pah!!

mardyms
19-06-05, 12:54 AM
Typical male is what i say.... always take things apart, then not knowing how to put it back together again! :roll:

jen x

Aragorn
19-06-05, 01:38 AM
yer generally not tightening the head bolts to about 200lbft is a good idea ;)

wasnt my bloody fault was it, no one told me it just clicked, i was expecting it to go totally loose :lol:

tbh i was lucky the cam box gave out and not the threads in the block

Dod
19-06-05, 10:28 PM
Typical male is what i say.... always take things apart, then not knowing how to put it back together again! :roll:

jen x

Oh my gwad. Yor women are like sooooo sexist. Thats not fair, i could sue!!

Bet its a different story when it comes to doing house work!! :lol:

This could cause a row big time, tee hee hee!!!

Marc
19-06-05, 10:53 PM
Thats not fair, i could sue!!
can see it on the front page of the sun

"lad sues lass over comment made on website"

would be fucking good advertisment for the site tho lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dod
19-06-05, 10:59 PM
Thats not fair, i could sue!!
can see it on the front page of the sun

"lad sues lass over comment made on website"

would be fcuk good advertisment for the site tho lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Could be no worse than some of the tripe you see on it anyway.

Right I'll do it. See you in Court ladies, I'm phoning Ally McBeal and Lional Hutz. Ha, i'll take you down' i'll take all of you down!!!! :2gunfire:

Marc
19-06-05, 11:05 PM
Right I'll do it. See you in Court ladies, I'm phoning Ally McBeal and Lional Hutz. Ha, i'll take you down' i'll take all of you down!!!!
save us a seat near the fron mate would mind to watch this! lol oh yeh and ally mcbeal is well fit lol

mardyms
20-06-05, 12:16 AM

jen x

whos gwad?? is that a new neame 4 ur *cough cough*??

its like, you soo watch 2 much american tv :roll:
Certainly is different wen it comes to house work, u men dnt even know what a hoover is let alone how to work it!!!!! :lol:

get ur boxin gloves out then, im up 4 a spar!!

jen x
jen x

Marc
20-06-05, 01:33 PM

again can i get a good seat to watch that would be a laff lol

ANDYRACER
20-06-05, 01:36 PM
Keep it clean no scratching, bitching, hair pulling or typical crap fighting women do. :lol:

Marc
20-06-05, 01:41 PM
Keep it clean no scratching, bitching, hair pulling or typical crap fighting women do. :lol:
totally agree got to be a knock out as a win aswell as in you not getting the fuck up for a month lol!

boredbloke
20-06-05, 08:00 PM

jen x

whos gwad?? is that a new neame 4 ur *cough cough*??

its like, you soo watch 2 much american tv :roll:
Certainly is different wen it comes to house work, u men dnt even know what a hoover is let alone how to work it!!!!! :lol:

jen x
jen x

I like this bird shes fookin great and yeah ur riht i like taking things apart putting them back together is another thing

Dod
20-06-05, 11:12 PM
I was only joking, dont hurt me, i'm to cute to bruise!!

Was only gonna take you on Judge Judy, its like sooooooooo good!!

I only have 4 TV Channels cuz i live in a Valley, its crap!!
Anyway Mardyms, how about we settle this like Adults? Me, you, Jack Daniels and a Drunk and Disorderly charge? Oh and you're buying, equil rights and all that crap!! :lol:

Dod
20-06-05, 11:12 PM
I was only joking, dont hurt me, i'm to cute to bruise!!

Was only gonna take you on Judge Judy, its like sooooooooo good!!

I only have 4 TV Channels cuz i live in a Valley, its crap!!
Anyway Mardyms, how about we settle this like Adults? Me, you, Jack Daniels and a Drunk and Disorderly charge? Oh and you're buying, equil rights and all that crap!! :lol: