PDA

View Full Version : location of temp sender and petrol guage problem

novaexplod
17-06-05, 05:27 PM
my temperature guage on the dash stopped working early this week but i think ive found the connection wire for the guage under the bonnet, but im wondering where it connects to? if its the temp sender im unsure where this is as the haynes doesnt show a picture?it just says top right of the cylinder head?

also last nite i was fitting a backbox to my car and when id finished, got in the car and the petrol guage wasnt working but ive checked the wire running to the tank and nothing seems lose etc.... any ideas, any1 please?

Chris
17-06-05, 06:48 PM
sounds like you could have a wiring problem behind the dash with them both not working. To check if the water temp wiring is right take off the blue wire, which connects with a spade on the inlet manifold and test the voltage with a multimeter(with the ignition on), this should read 12volts to earth. Then put the wire to earth (on engine somewhere) and the temp guage should read FSD (full scale deflection i.e overheating). If this doesnt work then I would be looking a wiring problems behind the clock unit

Chris