PDA

View Full Version : Nova gear linkage? does any other vauxhall gear linkage fit?

nova_nutta
17-06-05, 09:25 AM
Hi all

As you might all of seen im building valver. Im no mechanic and i have come accros a problem well i think so. My car used to be a 4 speed 1.2 but now as i have the 5 speed f20 gearbox my friend tells me the linkage under the shifter or somthing as i have no idea what he on about is diff from the 4 and 5 speed. I hav the f20s bit the goes on top of the gearbox and all the parts that are in the enigne bay. can sobody tell me how to right this problem? is there any other vauxhalls like cavs as i have loads stting about that will fit or can i used the 1.2 linkage ? PLEASE HELP

cheers

Aragorn
17-06-05, 11:51 AM
you should be fine

5 speed novas had a different stick but im using a 4speed stick just fine on my 5 speed box and havent had any problems with it

Ste_Nova
17-06-05, 04:56 PM
might have to cut it for 5th gear

Snowface
18-06-05, 09:54 AM
under the gator by the stick you may have to remove a plastic thing blocking of 5th.

ldk_nova
18-06-05, 01:22 PM
ive just had the same problem with my car, my mechnic told me to get it from any 5 speed nova.. but if Aragorn says the one your using will be fine, you will :D

Aragorn
18-06-05, 09:36 PM
lol ta :p

at worst you'll need to cut the stop shoulder off the right hand side of the stick

but mines working fine unmodified and all the gears are as expected

Lee
19-06-05, 12:47 PM
Agreed, I had to remove the plastic stopper on mine, and also found that moving the stick slightly forward when setting up the linkage helps to get 5th as well.