PDA

View Full Version : Tatto

markiemark
16-06-05, 09:01 PM
anyone here ever had one? how

Im meant to be having miy first ever one done on saturday! :o at the top of my back

and im not afraid to admit im fukin brickin it!! :o but i really want it done so.... got to go thru the pain i guess..

what does it feel like havin the tattoo? is it really that painfull?

Cheers

Mark

dooooney
16-06-05, 09:15 PM
like getting dun up the ass i dunno i want one but always chicken out!

dunova
16-06-05, 09:15 PM
I'm thinking about having one done on my upper back. They rate parts of your body for pain, i.e your upper back may be a number 2 (not very painful) and your lower back (kidney area) may be a number 5 (fairly fecking sensitive and painful).

I don't think it'll hurt too much on your upper back and i've been told you get used to the feeling/pain after a couple of minutes.

What design you getting?

Jules
16-06-05, 10:40 PM
I've got one on the top of my right arm - doesn't hurt much aslong as you prepare yourself.
OK first of all it's going to hurt as it's needles going into your skin - no getting away from it - it's not going to be entirely pain free.
So with that in mind you have to take steps to reduce the amount of pain, first and most obviously is where you're getting the tattoo done, and I don't mean which shop! I mean where on your body, if you choose a boney area such as the ankle or back/shoulders then it's going to be more painful than if you have it on your bicep for example.
Once you've decided what you want and where you want it make sure that on the day of the tattoo you've had a good nights sleep the night before and you eat properly on the day of having it done, eat a proper breakfast and something for lunch, if you go on a empty stomach you'll feel ill in no time, about 30 mins before you go have a Mars bar and a 500ml bottle of Coke - these will up your sugar levels, it's also a good idea to get a couple of lollys for when you're having it done to keep the sugar levels up, most tattooists will have a supply of their own and the guy that I use has will give you as many free lollys as you want whilst's he's doing it.
When he get's started you'll feel like it's a constant scratching feeling and the outline is the worst part (it's because it uses fewer needles for the outline - sounds wrong I know but it's not, I can explain how it works if you like), once the tattoo is finished it'll feel like a slight burning feeling, not uncomfortable but enough to know you've had it done.
When being tattoo'd you have two choice - to watch it being done or to not watch it being done, this is entirelly up to you but I find that taking someone to talk to or having a radio to listen to helps, it takes your mind off things, teh guy I use is mad about modded cars and motorbikes so I talk to him about stuff like that whilst he works.
Also get some pil cream (Preperation H) for the tattoo aftercare, this is the best product you can get and should make it heal the quickest and stop of smeering or smudging of your tattoo, also when it starts to scab - DON'T PICK IT! Let it do it's own thing and you'll be fine, oh and try and keep it out of direct sunlight for as long as possible until it's fully healed.
Just for reference this is what I had done in January this year, cost me ?40 and I intend to one day get round to going back and having it extended.

Any more questions then feel free to ask.

Oh and one last thing, be 100% sure that you want this tattoo and are prepared to live with it for the rest of your life, also if you get it on your forearms for example your employer might take a dim view of it if you work as a bank clerk and have skulls and daggers with naked ladys on display! :lol:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/Tattoo.jpg

boredbloke
16-06-05, 10:43 PM
not got one by i know a fair amount about em,

basically anywhere that the needle will hit bone or a place that if you pinch it and kills will hurt any fleshy bits apparently don't hurt that much at all.

I've heard it's like pulling out hairs, first few hairs really fookin hurt but after a while u get used to the feeling.

Matt2107
17-06-05, 01:15 PM
Ive got one at the top of my back on my shoulder blade.

It hurts at first but take something to squeeze and you'll be find.

Also see if you can find some women that'll lapdance infront of you.... probably wont help the pain but it'd take your mind off it.

terrible___1
17-06-05, 05:27 PM
heres a pic of my tattoo im gunna get another one soon down my fore arm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/terrible___1/mytattoo.jpg

markiemark
17-06-05, 10:30 PM
:? holy shit not lookin forward to it :o oh well, im having it done at the top of my arm, not on my back .... change of plan...plusive heard its not so painfull on the arm.

i will let you know how i get on...to be honets i will suprise myself if i go through with it... but i really want it so will just have to try and face the pain :roll:

mardyms
18-06-05, 02:11 AM
i have got 1 tatoo, on my lower back. but i have plans 4 one more on my hip.

http://b8.picturehost.co.uk/my%20tat.jpg

Sorry bout the knickers, trousers were too big an its really hard to take a pic of your bac an hold ur trousers up. :roll:

jen x

Matt2107
18-06-05, 10:12 AM
Tease :wink: