PDA

View Full Version : Rear wash wipe?

NOVA_JONO
16-06-05, 06:17 PM
My rear wash wipe seems to have come disconnected,(i tried to use it and it did'nt work, so i opened my boot and loads of water came pissin out, lol), :roll: How do i reconnect it as it is inside the boot?

Cheers Jono.

Dod
16-06-05, 07:58 PM
The hose connecting to the water jet's come off or tore somewhere, hence the water, as for the wiper, its shorted out the motor, try the fuse, if its not that, follow the wires as far as you can, if its not that, change the motor, it'll cost ya a tenner.

If all else fails, take the whole lot off and flush the boot!! :D

Donova
16-06-05, 09:01 PM
i had this prob. where the wiring and pipe go through the rubber grommet that joins body to tailgate, both wire and pipe were bust! :!:

Dod
16-06-05, 09:58 PM
Its not going to be a serious problem so dont worry. Its straight forward to fix and you'll do it in minutes.

NOVA_JONO
16-06-05, 10:07 PM
Cheers mate, sorted the motor out , but how do i reconnect the water pipe to the washer jet as it is inside the boot?(can't get my hand in, lol)

Cheers Jono.

Dod
17-06-05, 09:51 PM
There should be a bit of room to pull the pipes out a but, but dont pull them too much or they might disconnect. Get a wee bit of somethingg like vacume pipe or sometihni and join the two loose parts. Job done.

sickrabbit
18-06-05, 10:28 AM
got the same problem mate - except ive had a spoiler fitted ( local body shop done it and had to use different washer jet ) so i cant remove it to fix this minor problem......

gonna have to leave it ...

Dod
18-06-05, 12:42 PM
Disconnect it altogether or you may have MOT problems. Pull hoses and the lot out and change the Washer motor for a single outlet one.

ldk_nova
18-06-05, 01:51 PM
as were on about washwipers, does anyones tank of water evaperate from engine bay? coz mine does ever other day!!! probably becasue ive got a 16v but it dont overheat either.

Dod
18-06-05, 08:39 PM
YEah, make sure the lids on right, if its heating the water to that point it may be a fire hazzard.