PDA

View Full Version : new log books

epo
16-06-05, 07:00 AM
has a new thing come in about the old log books not been valid after july the 1st
if so how do i go about changing it as r lass is using the old type
me old man recns there are new ones coming out

Aragorn
16-06-05, 10:06 AM
they automagically replaced them for all our cars bar mine

i should really send off for a replacement as i need to amend it anyway

scott.parker
16-06-05, 10:17 AM
So is your car not logd as a 1.6 16v then kev?

Lee mate im sure if you pop to the post office and tell them the DVLA still have not sent you a new one they would tax it anyway,but if you need one i guess the best thing is to give the DVLA a call on 0870 240 0010 it's a automated based buger but it works :lol:

Funny thing is i have both then new and the old forms with my car as a 1.6 8v and a2.0 16v :D

Scott

sh0rty
16-06-05, 10:46 AM
it was on an advert last night. if you do not have the new style log book or v5 thing, you should ring dvla immediately as old ones will be invalid after july 1st.

epo
16-06-05, 07:34 PM
it was on an advert last night. if you do not have the new style log book or v5 thing, you should ring dvla immediately as old ones will be invalid after july 1st.

yeah me old boy was on about it
ill nip to the post office tomorrow thanks y'all

ade
16-06-05, 10:21 PM
so what if yer cars SORN'd off the road - the old log boog's needed to re register it back on (and advise of any mods) - surely they'll acceot it?

or will they.

They cant issue a new one coz that'll put the car back on the road.?.

Ade

:?:

Aragorn
16-06-05, 11:10 PM
sorn isnt a replacement for a log book its the replacement for the tax disk

u should still have been sent a new style v5c and if u havent phone them

epo
17-06-05, 02:40 PM
alsorted just gotta post my old one off with a note

t0m
17-06-05, 08:08 PM
Sorry to barge in here on the conversation, but me and several other mates at work have had this issue with the DVLA and we have learnt, don't phone the sods unless you book a day off or something.

When we did get through we said "We have 10 people here with the same query and we're not waiting on you're phone service for days on end" and the result of this was apparently it's common knowledge that all old registration documents, the V5, are sent off by post to the DVLA with a covering note and a new one will be issued.

So to summarise after my little tale, send 'em off to them, and don't bother ringing they keep hanging up.