PDA

View Full Version : help urgent, water still getting into head???

nova1104
16-06-05, 01:17 AM
Right i have just put a new head on my car, basicly there is water in the sparkplug chambers which obviously suggests theres water getting into the head.The head was only put on yesterday as my last one went pourus.Although this used to happen before it went, and in my last engine.

I pulled over at a garage and just dryed out the chambers and leads, but still only running on three cylinders.

It is a c20xe lump in a nova,im sure all the coolent hoses are going to the right places,pics would be handy.

Please help guys, its becoming a joke. :cry: :cry:

Aragorn
16-06-05, 10:01 AM
the only place stuff can get into the spark plug wells from is the rocker cover gasket (unless its rainwater or summat as u have a silly bonnet vent) and there aint no water flowing round inside the rocker cover so theres defo summat amiss here

nova1104
16-06-05, 02:22 PM
the only place stuff can get into the spark plug wells from is the rocker cover gasket (unless its rainwater or summat as u have a silly bonnet vent) and there aint no water flowing round inside the rocker cover so theres defo summat amiss here

all sorted cheers anyway. One thing though, how do you know i have a sily bonnet vent?

justnovas
16-06-05, 02:27 PM
that is the only way you can get water down around your plug leads......
You need to seal up your plug cover.

nova1104
16-06-05, 04:31 PM
that is the only way you can get water down around your plug leads......
You need to seal up your plug cover.

with what? needs to be removable still. :)