PDA

View Full Version : fueling on vavler

chug1106
14-06-05, 06:45 PM
hi there. can anyone tell me what red and blue wire it is that goes to the postive on the fuel pump. there is the thick one that goes into the relay on the xe loom and a thinner one that comes out the relay and also one in the wee black plugs thats next to the relay i have tried them all and i got power once but lost it again so i thought it was a bad earth so i put an earth to the battery neg.and now i can,t get anything at all out of any of these blue and red wires, could i have possible damaged the relay putting it on the wrong one. i know the pump works. not sure if any one will understand what i mean but hopefully someone might.any help would be brillant cause im starting to get annoyed,the battery is turning the car over so should it not have a live.cheers

Aragorn
14-06-05, 08:26 PM
im sure fat red/blue goes to the injectors n stuff and thinner red/blue goes to pump

but dont quote me on that

chug1106
14-06-05, 09:20 PM
cheers. is that the thinne rone that comes out of the realy or the one which is in the connector block with the rev gauge etc etc, i think the one what comes out the relay is mostly red with a blue strip and i think the one coming out the connector block is mostly ble with a red strip.

Aragorn
14-06-05, 11:11 PM
blue with red stripe is road speed sender

red with blue stripe is fuel relay switched live

chug1106
15-06-05, 06:52 PM
i still cant get any power out the wires,so i just wird the pump up tp an ignigtion live and put my own relay in,is this ok

Aragorn
15-06-05, 06:55 PM
well if theres no power coming out its still not gonna start as the relay also powers the injectors n stuff

u do realise the wires only go live on cranking the engine?

and even then they only go live if the crank sensor is working as thats the only way the ecu knows its cranking

does the engine management light go off while turning the engine over?

chug1106
15-06-05, 07:02 PM
well i havent got a dash in yet its just the plug so i dont know if the ecu light is on but the engine starts fine. yeah i did know it only worked on cranking the engine over. do you not think this will be ok. cheers aragorn

Aragorn
15-06-05, 07:18 PM
sounds very strange mate

is there parhaps a fuse in the pump circuit that uve bypassed with your switched live?

or perhaps the relay isnt closing all the required contacts if they are seperate

chug1106
16-06-05, 08:39 AM
managed to figure it out, i was trying to test it before i had the black wire from the new engine loom to an ignition live. its working now.cheeers